rayrussell2000u

Default William Henry Russell (Help please)

I was wondering id someone could help me with finding the death information that I need to order a death certificate for

William Henry Russell Born 1870 in Birmingham.

He would have died in Liverpool as thats where he lived for most of his life
    I know that he was still alive in 1901 as he appears in the census.

I would love to be able to order a death certificate for him but can't without his death info.

I would appreciate your help.

Thank you

as he would have been around 30 years old in 1901 it is an awful lot of years to ask someone to search for you. Could you not search FreeBMD yourself first and perhaps narrow it down a little?
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Ray,
    We've been down this road for death registrations when you have absolutely no idea of when the death occurred before.
    I will repeat what I said then.

In my opinion, for the death registrations you are asking an awful lot of other people - especially when you have the full GRO Index on your doorstep in Plymouth. If there's a chance that they died after 1983 when it's relatively easy to search online for a death then fair enough, but expecting people to trawl through anywhere between 10 and 50 years of individual quarters on the GRO Index is a request too far I think.
    Quite a few of the death quarters for 1910-1930 are already transcribed on FreeBMD. And if you don't fancy trawling the GRO Index yourself , then if you wait another couple of years then FreeBMD will probably be doing the 1930-1940 block.

and further down the page

If you are unable to get to the library to view the GRO Index, then you have the option to subscribe to one of the online companies. The same as the rest of us who don't have the luxury of the GRO Index in a local building have to do.
    Sorry, I know I sound harsh and unhelpful but trawling through BMD quarters when you have
    no idea of when an event took place is my pet 'hate'. Even for my own research.

Pam