Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    busyglen

Well this is a second attempt....line dropped for some reason, just as I got to the end of the post! Aaaahhhh!

Right here we go again. After a good nights sleep, I've been rootling around the FreeBMDs and have sorted a few out.

The Ann that I had in 1841 which I thought was the KN (but Astoria found it was male) died June Qtr. 1841. I couldn't find another birth that could be the KN.

I found the marriage of William b. 1844 to Sarah Forward in 1866 (confirmed this with a Forward rellie on GR) so am happy with this as it is the next line forward.

The only thing I couldn't confirm was William F. born 1857. I found a birth for a Frederick Samuel in 1857 and wondered if this was William, bearing in mind that you found a possible Samuel as a father of Father William. Will have to dig a bit deeper for that.

I still haven't sorted out the other children yet, but I was more concerned of getting the correct son William married to Sarah Forward, which I think I have now done.

Many thanks Astoria & Marie C. for all your help, it's been invaluable.

Glenys

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by busyglen View Post
    I found the marriage of William b. 1844 to Sarah Forward in 1866 (confirmed this with a Forward rellie on GR) so am happy with this as it is the next line forward.
    Glen,

If you ever decide to go sideways and discover that Sarah is related to George Forward (b abt 1830 Ticehurst/Flimwell), he's mine.

(He married Phoebe Wright in 1853...)

Jan1954

Glen,

Have you searched for your Puxty families on the Sussex Weald? Click on Ticehurst at the top and follow the links. There are loads of them...

Marie C..

I think you come from Thomas puxtie who married mary Bones in 1612. They were the only ones in ticehurst then.They had nicholas, 1623, John 1614, Alice 1618, Thomas 1620etc etc.
    Been looking through all the ones I found on Hugh Wallis last night and am fairly certain that your William's parents were Samuel and Sarah and Samuel's parents were samuel and Betty.
    Samuel and Betty(Chantler) had Elizabeth 1793, Peter 1791,Samuel, 09 May 1790, Mary, 1796 .
    Samuel and Sarah had Sarah 1810, Mary 1812, Samuel 1823,William 1815, Deborah 1819,
    Harriet 1829 and Barbara born 1825 but baptised 1829 and Eliza 1821

Peter puxty(1791) married Ann and had Elizabeth 1819, Judy 1819(twins>) and Mary 1813 who died 1827.
    They are easy because they stayed in the same place.
    Now I shall look on that Sussex link jan gave you and see whether I am right or wrong!!!M

Astoria

Goodness me Marie, however will I catch up. Good work let's hope it all fits.

Marie C..

That is a super site that Jan put up. I have just been looking at it and found three more Puxtys George 1819 John 1823 and Samuel 1823 and Peter.Didn't find a Puxty tree on it but found another that was most intriguing.
    Isn,t it nice when people stayed in the one place.M
    Forgot to tell you that a Mary puxty married a Thomas Forward 26th June 1835 and Deborah Puxty(William,s sister) married John Bartlett Farr 19 Feb 1844.and Barbara(born 1829 .. another of William's sisters ) married James George Clifton.
    Keep them all because they might come in very handy one day. M
    Last edited by Marie C..; 06-11-2008 at 8:57 PM. Reason: addition

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by Marie C.. View Post
    That is a super site that Jan put up.
    Glad that you like it. Not 100% accurate with a couple of my Sussex people, but a good starting point.
    I have just been looking at it and found three more Puxtys George 1819 John 1823 and Samuel 1823 and Peter.Didn't find a Puxty tree on it but found another that was most intriguing.
    'Tis another place where you can be lost for hours...
    Isn,t it nice when people stayed in the one place.M
    Especially if their name is Smith and they stay in the same village for 200 years....

Astoria

Default Hi Jan and Glenys

Did you know you could be related, or is this news to you?

Jan1954

Quote Originally Posted by Astoria View Post
    Did you know you could be related, or is this news to you?
    Very distantly!

Actually, Astoria, if memory serves me right, I think that Glen and I have had a near miss in the past with another branch...

busyglen

Hi Marie, Astoria & Jan

You are all brilliant! Thanks for what you have turned up. Yet again I've got to go through all this and see where/if it fits in.

Actually, this is not my rellie so Jan & I wouldn't be distantly related in this line. It is actually my husbands, (in theory) but not as in blood line, as he was adopted. I've been trying to help his cousin in Oz who got stuck in Sussex, and has been trying to find a link from the Puxty's in Buxted Sussex who we believe moved to Flimwell/Ticehurst around 1615.

I started this in 2002 with not much in the way of computer research in those days, and have only recently started to look again.

I do have my husbands real father's line here on the Island, which also included one of the family being murdered which caused quite a stir here in the 1800s.

Anyway, thanks all for this wonderful information....it would have taken me months to try and find this sort of info.

Glenys

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast