Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    lynnelay

Quote Originally Posted by jane.harrison.9 View Post
    There is a death for a Walter Manchester birth abt 1847 death 1871
    Vol8b page 467 West Derby.
    Not sure if its your Walter or the one found with the other family on the 1851.

Jane
    My Walter died 1 Feb 1871 so it is him he is burried Ormskirk with his father

You are so kind to find out all this forme. What can i do to help you?

lynnelay

[QUOTE=jane.harrison.9;215729]Hi Lynne,
    The 1851 census gives Henry's place of birth as Lathom,Lancs.

Henry J Manchester 1881 b L/pool c1852
    Living in Kirkdale 182 Brunswick sq. occupation pilot.
    wife Mary b L/pool c1855.

This is the wrong Henry it is his cousin son of Joseph and Ellen Manchester. He was born 1803 my henry was born 1801 and was a wheelwright.

Henry John looks fine though and i will add him to the tree. I don't know what to do about the missing Henry. His wife was also called Ellen (Draper) married in St john's Preston. I hope to be able to access his marriage records soon but the parish clerk on line for Lancashire says it may take a couple of months!! Thanks Lynne

lynnelay

Obviously when you become a Pilot on the Mersey you move up market to the Wirral!!! Should have thought of that . I still can't find Henry MANCHESTER B 1801
    Lynne

lynnelay

I think i've found Mary's death in 1901 April to June in Birkenhead aged 46 means b c 1855 which agrees with the 1901 census near enough

Excirting hey but still no Henry b 1810 his father

lynnelay

Jane, What dom you reckon to Gladys Manchester married in Birkenhead 1927 Apr to June?

jane.harrison.9

I saw that marriage to a John Carruthers but I did wonder as she would have been about 40.
    I can see no other marriage for a Gladys Manchester though, nor can I find a death.
    I just looked at the 1891 census again Gladys should read 4 1/2 months not 4 so DOB 1890 agrees with 1891 census. So would be 36 at time of marriage.

Her birth Q1 1891 Birkenhead Vol 8a page 550.

I have had another look for Henry and Ellen on 1851 and 1861, but nothing else jumping out at me.

I know what you mean about using the same names. I have a lot of Scottish ancestry and they all seemed to follow the tradition of Scottish naming patterns.Worst still a son married a girl then his brother married her sister so all the children born about the same time had exactly the same names.
    This link may help explain.
    https://www.halmyre.abel.co.uk/Family/naming.htm

Another thought . You say they had 6 children could they be living with a married daughter and her surname be mistranscibed as theirs.

Jane

lynnelay

I'll give that a go. sarah born 1826 and Mary 1828 seen a good start.

lynnelay

Jane i've had a quick look using free BMD and census but i can't find any matches. I've to go dog training now. She needs it regards Lynne

lynnelay

Default Henry Manchester b1801

I have more info on this Henry but it does not help my Quest so more HELP is needed. Please!!!!!
    I have Henry MANCHESTER and Ellen DRAPER's wedding certificate from the register, dated 12 May 1821. At St John's in Preston. It was done by Banns and they both give the same parish. It does not mention any parents or where they were born. This now leads me to a blank... Brick wall indeed.

HELP is desperately needed
    Thanks Lynne

Wirral

Are you sure that the Ellen in the 1841 census is the same person that Henry married in 1821? According to the census, she would have been only 16 when she married. Instead, could she be Henry's 2nd wife? There is a marriage for Henry MANCHESTER to Ellen QUICK on 24 Dec 1838 at St Nicholas, Liverpool. (Dec 1838 Liverpool vol 20 p 265). Do you have a birth certificate for any of the children born after 1838?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast