Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jeeb

Default Thomas Lait

Hi Jasmine,
    Firstly may I warn you about using the LDS site. The site is an excellent guide but there are also numerous mistakes there and you must verify any information you take from that.

Mona has given you the lead you require by finding Thomas Lait's marriage and the next step you must take is to obtain that marriage certificate as it will give his father's name.

If you discover his father was also named Thomas the following information will well be worth following up:-

HO107/677 Folio 15 Page 25
    1841 census,
    Marylebone
    Thomas Lait 30 Baker N
    Ann Lait 30 Y
    Martha 8 Y
    Eliza 6 Y
    Victoria 2 Y

The family are indexed as Lart but I have checked and it is Lait. N & Y indicate whether born in county.

There is no Thomas aged 9 with them but I found this.
    HO107/663 Folio 30 Page 8
    Hornsey
    Thomas Latt (sic) 9 Pupil Y
    There are several children listed here as pupils of a similar age.
    (This is in reg district of Edmonton. note this is Thomas Laite's place of birth in 1851)

HO107/1489 Folio 184 Page 67
    22 Homer St
    Marylebone
    Thomas Laite 41 Baker born Edmonton
    Ann wife 41 born St Pancras
    Martha dau 17 Dress Maker born Marylebone
    Eliza dau 15 Artificial Flower Maker born Marylebone
    Victoria dau 11 born Marylebone
    Rosina dau 9 born Marylebone
    Helen dau 3 born Marylebone.

(Please note on the original 1851 census Thomas is the only one spelt Laite, the rest of the family are Lait. On subsequent censuses they appear as Lait but rarely are they indexed as that! If you require further help please ask)

Jeremy

Famous for offering help & advice

Quote Originally Posted by JasmineL View Post
    Wow no thats great - I spent ages looking for that. The year is about spot on - I thought her surname was actually something different -
    Do you not have the birth certificate of Walter? It will have his mother's name.
    There is a Walter Edwin Lait registered in June qtr, 1861, Kensington (the district includes Paddingtion his stated place of birth)

JasmineL

Hi Jeremy, NickM and Mona. Thank you so much for your help. I am still waiting for this marriage cert to come through. Hopefully when it does I can link it with some of the information you have given me. I hope perhaps you might help me again if I need it?

Thank you for your time

Jasmine lait.

cliveboyce

Default LAIT family

I can help you with Thomas Lait and particularly his wife Diana if you still want information. Please contact me
    cliveboyce AT btinternet DOT com
    Last edited by Sue Mackay; 09-05-2010 at 10:27 PM. Reason: e-mail munged to deter spammers

Quote Originally Posted by cliveboyce View Post
    I can help you with Thomas Lait and particularly his wife Diana if you still want information. Please contact me
    cliveboyce AT btinternet DOT com
    Hallo Clive, and wecome to B-G. Jasmine has not visited the forum for a year or so, but I am hopeful that she will get an e-mail notification of your posting. I hope now you are here you will take a good look round the rest of the forum.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12