Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Starting to feel at home

Default Turner / Horner

Richard.

Generally we seem to be getting away from the murders per se. However, I found my first reference to it in a Cubitt family tree (now shown to be inaccurate); where did you come across it, or was it still known in your branch of the family?

Re John Rudd Turner's will, that was passed down through the family.

Mary (Ann) Robertson/Robinson Horner is getting confusing. Is the J.F. Horner/ E. Turner MC that you have, a copy of the Parish Register? My GRO copy shows the witnesses as R.G. Turner and Mary Robinson Horner - definitely Robinson, with the i dotted and all. I don't have her BC but her grave stone in the Rosary in Norwich states Mary Ann Robinson Cozens (her married name) died 1939.

I have a photograph of eight of J.F. Horner/ E. Turner's children (one of the older girls not shown). The youngest is a baby (presumably George), therefore the photograph would have been taken in 1887. Would you like a copy or would you ah Register? My GRO copy shows the witnesses as R.G. Turner and Mary Robinson Horner - definitely Robinson, with the i dotted and all. I don't have her BC but her grave stone in the Rosary in Norwich states Mary Ann Robinson Cozens (her married name) died 1939.

I have a photograph of eight of J.F. Horner/ E. Turner's children (one of the older girls not shown). The youngest is a baby (presumably George), therefore the photograph would have been taken in 1887. Would you like a copy or would you already have one? I could (try) email it to you.

Regards
    Geoff

liz b

Smile Relating to Horner

I have just registered as a new member and thought it worth making contact as I see from your correspondence with Richard Horner that your wife's Gfather is Frank Horner. My Grandmother, aged 83, is the youngest child of Horace Horner and has memories of Frank Horner (her uncle) dating back to the 1930's. Also speaks of her Grandparents - James and Elizabeth Horner living at 79-81 Clapham High St.
    I am just embarking on this, so any information that you already have or tips would be greatly appreciated.
    Kind Regards

Liz B

richard horner

Default Horner Family

Liz

Would be very interested to hear from you try doing a personal e-mail through the forum , if that fails then try richard @horner7549339.fsnet.co.uk.
    Wait to hear from you.

Richard

Edward Cooper

I'd be very interested to know whether anyone has any new information (since the last message on this subject was posted in January 2005) about the Rudd Turner murders, and about Rudd Turner's family, particularly who his first wife (Elizabeth) was, what happened to her, and what happened to their five children, John Rudd Turner (who I believe lived a long and productive life at East Ruston), Sarah Eliza, Sophia, William, and Robert. I believe that my great-great grandfather's sister, Elizabeth Gilham (or Gillam) of Trimingham, may have married one of Rudd Turner's brothers, John Turner, in 1808, so there could be a family connection.

Thanks!

Edward Cooper
    Buffalo, NY, USA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123