I have been web surfing and found a web site which included the Absent Voters list for 1918. It states that by an act of parliment pased 6th Feb 1918, all men age 21 or over, serving in his Majesty's forces will be entitled to vote.
The following list was compiled from information supplied by the men themselves.

That is barnyard confetti. I have two men in my patch, in our Absent Voters list of 1918, who were killed in action, long before Feb 1918, one of them at the battle of the Somme July 1st 1916. Several men are well under 21 years of age. Several have more than one address, some with wrong numbers and regiments.

What I want to know is who filled in the papers of dead men, prisoners of war, men at sea, and men missing in action.

Then there was the big push by the Germans in early 1918, when they regained a large propotion of their prevously held areas. (hang on jerry I've forgot my voting paper)

I think that in 1918 as the battles raged to and fro, no one would be interested in filling in voting forms.

From the number of mistakes, wrong serial numbers, wrong regiments, and sometimes the wrong address. I think several hundred were filled in, from information supplied to town hall pencil jockeys, by relatives and friends

During my years of research I've read several personal diary's of men who served in WWI, not one has ever mentioned I got my voting papers today.

Also spent time going thro the burnt and unburnt records, found over 250 men in my patch, started at Abbotts, and I'm only up to Broadley's yet. None of them mentions a voting paper.

Retlaw.