Thread: FHG vs. FHS

CindyR

Default FHG vs. FHS

Hi all,
    I recently joined the Sussex Family History Group and then I found the Family Roots Family History Society for Eastbourne & District. What is the difference between the two as perhaps I joined the wrong one. Can someone shed some light on the two? thanks

confused CindyR (from Canada)

Geoffers

It would seem that the Sussex fhg covers the whole of the county, whereas the Eastbourne and District society just covers the area around Eastbourne (a small part of the county). So, it depends on where your interests lie within Sussex.

If you are not familiar with the geography of this part of England there are many online maps which can help you - e.g. Ordnance Survey, streetmap, multimap, etc

CindyR

Thanks for the info. I am finding the SFHG helpful.
    Cindy

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi

I am a member of the Sussex FHG. I am dying for them to release Slaugham prish registers as this is my main Sussex parish of interest. They are on the IGI but I want to view the full transcripts such as marriage witnesses, burial dates etc.

Ben

CindyR

Default hi Ben

I too have searched their website for info and found a lot of things I'm interested in not available. I have requested to talk to someone in the publications part to help me determine if they have products that are applicable to me as I would like to purchase records and info for the Hailsham , sussex area.
    Cindy from canada

Famous for offering help & advice

Hi

I think the Sussex FHG is releasing more of the countys PRs all the time so hopefully Slaugham and more parishes will be transcribed soon.

Ben