David Hankey

Default Highbury Hotel, Aberystwyth

Can anyone give me information on 'Highbury Hotel'? This was situated at 10, Marine Terrace, Aberystwyth between Pier Street and Terrace Road.

My grandmother's aunts ran the hotel up until 1950. Their names were POLLY and ANNIE HOPKINS who came over from Birmingham around 1920.

The hotel was originally located in a street behind the promenade but I have no information to it's exact location.

These great aunts were able to rent the 10, Marine Terrace property on the sea-front later. Eventually the hotel became student accommodation in the '70s.

Between 1950 and it's closure my grandparents EDWARD and FLORENCE HANKEY ran the business before handing it over to their son KEN and his wife JEAN HANKEY. Ken also worked for the Cambrian News for many years.

Regards,

David

smarty

Quote Originally Posted by David Hankey View Post
    Can anyone give me information on 'Highbury Hotel'? This was situated at 10, Marine Terrace, Aberystwyth between Pier Street and Terrace Road.

My grandmother's aunts ran the hotel up until 1950. Their names were POLLY and ANNIE HOPKINS who came over from Birmingham around 1920.

The hotel was originally located in a street behind the promenade but I have no information to it's exact location.

These great aunts were able to rent the 10, Marine Terrace property on the sea-front later. Eventually the hotel became student accommodation in the '70s.

Between 1950 and it's closure my grandparents EDWARD and FLORENCE HANKEY ran the business before handing it over to their son KEN and his wife JEAN HANKEY. Ken also worked for the Cambrian News for many years.

Regards,

David
    Hi David, I'm replying on behalf of my mother Karen Robinson (nee Hankey).She may have some information that you may be interested in. My email [email protected]. look forward to hearing from you. jen.