Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Charles Burns

colashbury

Default Thanks Sue

Right.Think we av talked enough about minors.Lets hope that we can find some real info now......

sonstar

Quote Originally Posted by colashbury View Post
    They were married in 1872 so it is pointless checking them dates.If you look at a minor being under 18 to which it is in the UK Peter,you are prob looking at about 1855.I am hoping that someone can find the 1871 census with them in as a family.Maybe at the address of College Lane.I am really hoping to get the Mothers names and age hopefully....
    The address College Lane - was that for the wife or the husband etc? There should have been 2 last known addresses if i am correct?

colashbury

Default Hi

Hi Sue.Junior was a porter and Harriet was as you say a spinster.They were as said on the certificate residing at College Lane in Liverpool....

sonstar

i have found this in the 1871 census - but i am assuming 10 yrs old would be far too young to marry - but i may be wrong?

Charles Burns - aged 9 born about 1862
    Father Charles Burns - aged 40 - job: painter (i think)
    Mother Elizabeth Burns - aged 36 - job:

siblings;

James
    Mary Ann
    sarah jane
    william

District of Liverpool - St Martin
    Ecclesiastical parish- St Albans

Road name - Back Bend, or Buck bend road, back bond road - i cant read it properly
    Last edited by sonstar; 29-09-2008 at 5:39 PM. Reason: edited fathers job

colashbury

Default Hi Sonstar.

Think that this would be a bit young to be getting married.I am hoping that this College lane comes up with something as it was only within a year of that Census.Am hoping that they lived there at that point.....

sonstar

Quote Originally Posted by colashbury View Post
    Think that this would be a bit young to be getting married.I am hoping that this College lane comes up with something as it was only within a year of that Census.Am hoping that they lived there at that point.....
    possibly - but PAINTER might be porter- its hard to see on the record - if someone else has access to the census image maybe they can see it clearer?!

colashbury

Default Hi Sonstar

It was not his Father that was the Porter.It was the Son......

sonstar

ah ok, well i will keep checking

colashbury

Default 1871 CENSUS

Hi.Can know one find Charles Burns with his family on the 1861 or 71 census.I would imagine that he was born in between 1852 to 56 in Liverpool,poss West Derby.Hopefully they would be in college Lane in Liverpool in the 71 census....

sonstar

I will try and find some info - its not as easy to pinpoint families based on just names like this, whereas if we could get birthdates and places that might help us more!!! But i will have a look for those birthdates you specified and look inthe Liverpool area.... then ill scan the 71 census for Liverpool again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast