Thread: FUDGE

TRACEY DAVID

Smile FUDGE

Hello !

I am NEW to this site and am not quite sure what I am doing/supposed to be doing, so hope this is right.....

OK, I am trying to find any information relating to a (Male) with the surname FUDGE who I believe was a Sergeant in the British Army during the Second World War. All I know is that he came from the South, somewhere, possibly born in Willesden perhaps between 1917-1920's. I know that whilst serving in the Army he was married to a nurse and owned a Florist Shop, again I do not know where. His first name is PHILIP, may be spelt with 2 L's

If anyone has any info, I would be very happy to hear from you. I am not sure that I am even posting this on the correct sight.

Thanks for your help ! !
    Tracey

MarkJ

There is a Philip Fudge birth on FreeBMD -

March quarter 1917
    Philip F FUDGE
    Willesden district volume 3a page 356

Mothers maiden name FLETCHER

Could this be him?

TRACEY DAVID

Post FUDGE

Hi,

Thanks for that, I have managed to get only this far myself, I forgot to mention the mother's Maiden Name of Fletcher. I don't know how to find more information regarding his marriage, the florist etc ... any ideas please ?

Thanks again !

MarkJ

You are going to need a pay site to get the marriage info - it is later than the FreeBMDs go up to I suspect.
    Most of the pay/subscribe sites seem to go up to around 2000 or so with their BMD data.
    Many libraries have free access to one of the big pay sites (beginning with A) and a few minutes trawling through the marriages should bring up the details.

Mark

TRACEY DAVID

Smile

Thanks loads for the info and your time, much appreciated !

Tracey, as you live in Cowbridge you can access the BMD registers for free at the Glamorgan Record Office. If you join the Glamorgan Family History Society you can also get free help and on-line access to many sites at their research centre in Bridgend. Glamorgan libraries also have subscriptions to Ancestry, but if you are looking for later 20th century BMDs pay attention to this thread.
    Sue Mackay
    Insanity is hereditary - you get it from your kids

TRACEY DAVID

Hi Sue,

Thanks for your help and the info.

Cheers !