julielou2

Question Marriage Cert or Birth Cert??? - Wilfred FITZPATRICK to Gertrude BURDON

Hello there

Please could a kind person possibly do a marriage lookup to get a GRO index number for me? Please read on first though as it's a bit complicated. I've successfully found my maternal grandparents' marriage on Lancashire FreeBMD but unfortunately, they only give the local register office reference.

The marriage is:

Wilfred FITZPATRICK to Gertrude A BURDON at West Derby Register Office in the district of Liverpool in 1930 - Reference REG_WD/472/109.

I've looked on the main FreeBMD site but they have no marriages in 1930 unfortunately and I would love to get details of my mother's paternal grandparents before she comes to stay with me next weekend.

There is some confusion over Wilfred Fitzpatrick who I believe was born in June 1901. I've found a Wilfred Joseph W Fitzpatrick on FreeBMD (who my mother says is her father) who's birth was registered in Sep 1901 in West Derby, Liverpool, Lancashire (vol 8b page 493) - this seems right. However the marriage which I know 100% sure is my grandfather and grandmother as shown on the Lancashire freeBMD side lists the full name of the groom as Wilfred T Fitzpatrick. I suppose the T could be a transposition error of the J from Joseph but I feel it might be safer to get a copy of the marriage certificate which will show Wilfred Fitzpatrick's father's name and also confirm his age. My mother being as dithery as me then can't be sure if his middle name wasn't Terrence instead!

OR would more experienced B-G users advise me just to go right ahead and order the birth certificate of Wilfred Joseph W Fitzpatrick as he is the only Wilfred Fitzpatrick to have been born in the UK between 1880 and 1910 (my family are all from Liverpool so West Derby fits right in).

I'm really sorry for all the dithering but I just don't want to get the wrong man so early on down this path.

Many thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Jules

PS Apologies also if this is in the wrong section - this probably isn't a clean specific lookup.

corkgen

Default marriage index

Quote Originally Posted by julielou2 View Post
    Hello there

Please could a kind person possibly do a marriage lookup to get a GRO index number for me? Please read on first though as it's a bit complicated. I've successfully found my maternal grandparents' marriage on Lancashire FreeBMD but unfortunately, they only give the local register office reference.

The marriage is:

Wilfred FITZPATRICK to Gertrude A BURDON at West Derby Register Office in the district of Liverpool in 1930 - Reference REG_WD/472/109.

I've looked on the main FreeBMD site but they have no marriages in 1930 unfortunately and I would love to get details of my mother's paternal grandparents before she comes to stay with me next weekend.

There is some confusion over Wilfred Fitzpatrick who I believe was born in June 1901. I've found a Wilfred Joseph W Fitzpatrick on FreeBMD (who my mother says is her father) who's birth was registered in Sep 1901 in West Derby, Liverpool, Lancashire (vol 8b page 493) - this seems right. However the marriage which I know 100% sure is my grandfather and grandmother as shown on the Lancashire freeBMD side lists the full name of the groom as Wilfred T Fitzpatrick. I suppose the T could be a transposition error of the J from Joseph but I feel it might be safer to get a copy of the marriage certificate which will show Wilfred Fitzpatrick's father's name and also confirm his age. My mother being as dithery as me then can't be sure if his middle name wasn't Terrence instead!

OR would more experienced B-G users advise me just to go right ahead and order the birth certificate of Wilfred Joseph W Fitzpatrick as he is the only Wilfred Fitzpatrick to have been born in the UK between 1880 and 1910 (my family are all from Liverpool so West Derby fits right in).

I'm really sorry for all the dithering but I just don't want to get the wrong man so early on down this path.

Many thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Jules

PS Apologies also if this is in the wrong section - this probably isn't a clean specific lookup.
    Hi Jules, Here we are JAN QTR. 1930 VOL 8b PAGE 675 REG District of West derby.....Wifred T Fitzpatrick.

Good luck

julielou2

Oh that is so kind of you. Thank you very much indeed Corkgen.

Will order the marriage certificate from the GRO now.