Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spaceman

Default Wedding Help Number wanted

Hi can any one help im lookin for the GRO numbers for the marrage of Peter Roylance and Lydia Simpson i think its around 1835 (ish) and becuase its before 1837 i,m not sure where to look so if any one could help/tell me this it would be brilliant
    Thanx
    Dave

Jan1954

Hello Dave,

You will not be able to find it in the GRO as registration did not begin until 1 July 1837.

The best place would be the Parish Records.

Where did the happy couple get spliced? Any clues at all?

Davran

According to IGI extracted records (from FamilySearch) they were married in Manchester Cathedral 13 JUN 1835. If you post that info on the Manchester forum someone may be able to look up the record for you.

Reputation beyond repute

Presumably you want your own copy of the register entry. Manchester Archives and Local Studies should be able to provide a copy or you could order the film through the Mormons.

Spaceman

Fantastic thanx i didnt realise thats when the numbers started. Where in manchester is the Manchester record ofice and where is the mormons (is this the religion?) Thanx

v.wells

LDS is www.familysearch.org. On the homepage select location near you and it will give the address and opening times.

Geoffers

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post
    Fantastic thanx i didnt realise thats when the numbers started. Where in manchester is the Manchester record office

Manchester Archives and Local Studies

First floor of the library

Spaceman

Thanx for your help

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman View Post
    Fantastic thanx i didnt realise thats when the numbers started. Where in manchester is the Manchester record ofice and where is the mormons (is this the religion?) Thanx
    The mormons is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. They are also known as LDS or IGI or Family Search. They have filmed parish registers from all over the world.

They have branches in lots of places and you can order the register that you would like to see. They get it delivered to the branch and you can go and look and then buy a copy of the entry if you wish.

Spaceman

how would i go about ordering that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast