Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    lindanelson

Default Gourds of Cornwall

Has anyone got any information on the Gourd family Matthew Gourd and Betsey had John Parker Gourd b. 1788, in Liskeard, Matthew b. abt 1792 and Jane b. abt. 1794, both in Linkinhorne. John Parker Gourd left to go to Devon, Matthew stayed in Linkinhorne and I do not know what happened to Jane. Does anyone know (a) what Betsey's maiden name was and (b) the parents of Matthew - I suspect that they were Sampson Gourd and Jane Calloway (Callaway) but no proof.
    Any information would be so much appreciated.
    Linda

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Don't know if this information is years too late but Betsey was Elizabeth Parker born in Devon (I think Christow). Matthews parents definitely were Samson Gourd & Jane Callaway (I got this from searching through the parish records many years ago. I am descended from Elizabeth & Matthews son Matthew. If I can be of any more use please contact me (sehanson01 {at} gmail.com). Sue
    Last edited by Lesley Robertson; 07-05-2019 at 8:44 AM. Reason: Email address deactivated to protect against spammers

Welcome to the British Genealogy Forum, Sue. As you’ve noted, this thread is rather old - why not tell us a bit about your research on a thread of your own? We’re a friendly, helpful group.