Thread: A census favour

jeremyf

Default A census favour

Does anyone have the 1941 Census for the Hunslet and Morley areas of Leeds and would they be able to spare a few minutes for a lookup? I can return the favour with lookups at Ancestory or some of my time when next at Leeds library.

I am interested in finding any siblings or parents for the following ancestor

John Fothergill b1820 Morley, Leeds, d1896 Hunslet, Leeds m1849 Wakefield.

I'm hoping that as he was not married in 1841 that he was still living with his parents and they still lived in Morley. However, I guess he/they may have also moved to Wakefield by then.

Thanks

Steve Steere

Hi Jeremy,

I think the request you made should have been posted on one of the Yorkshire Forum, as other Leeds researchers will not see your post here, and which is why there has been no reply.

Re-post it there, correcting 1941 for 1841 and hopefully you'll get an answer.

Regards,

Steve

jeremyf

Thanks Steve. I missed the year mistake. I'm actually not surprised no one replied. Since my posting I have purchased the 1841 census for Yorkshire and without a name index it is a long search. After 3 days I haven't managed to find the entry, if it exists.

Jeremy

Steve Steere

I'm in the process of going through all 19 cd's of the Hampshire 1861, slow but good when you do find someone.

The 'Leeds Indexers' have a web site, they have not got to the 1841, but it is another avenue to explore.

Good hunting.

Steve