bluebell17

Question George GREGORY death-can anyone help?

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone could help me find the BMD death record for George Gregory born 23 Feb 1833 Eastington Gloucester. He is on the 1901 census at Millend, Eastington, Gloucestershire. His wife Hannah died 16 June 1901 and Hannah is noted as 'wife' of George Gregory, in attendance is a neighbour who was a distant relative, so I know he is still alive at this point. I have searched the indexes twice and can't seem to find him.

He had two sons William, who on the 1901 census was residing in Victoria Rd, Aston and Henry who was at Witton Road, Aston (although Henry's death in October 1915 is later noted in Stanley Downton, Leonard Stanley Gloucestershire)

Regards

Dee

bumblebee

Just a possible.

George Gregory, born abt 1833, 1917 Q2 Age 84, Gloucester 6a 360

Bumblebee

bluebell17

May thanks Bumblebee,

It looks one of the most likely ones as the age and general location seem to fit. I shall have to send for it with a couple of reference checking points...fingers crossed.

Regards

Dee

Reputation beyond repute

I'd be interested to know what reference points you used. I've always steered clear of them on death certificates because it's difficult to find something that you can be sure of.

bluebell17

Hi Peter,

If I can avoid checkng points i'm happier, but I have used them on occasion if i'm certain of a few facts (if female, that she was the widow of mr so and so, if I know their profession, if I know where they were living) But I do prefix things with 'possibly' if i'm not sure, and so far I haven't sent for the wrong one. If it happens, I will have only lost £3 instead of £7 as the GRO refund the remainder.

Regards

Dee