Thread: Nelly A(u)lbery

garom

Default Nelly A(u)lbery

Hi Folks,
    Have recently come across a Nelly Aulbery, born in Portsmoutn, Hampshire who, altho' the name is at variance to my Nelly,she ticks quite a few of my boxes, Right age,and her father has the right christian name (James). All this is on the 1881 census - Ref RG11 Piece / Folio 1156 / 65 Page Number 8. If anybody has this lady in their tree I would be absolutely delighted to hear from them.
    h'Opefully h'Anthony

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

Right age,and her father has the right christian name (James)
    The father's name is John.
    The family, including Nellie, age 16, appear in 1891.
    The family, minus Nellie because she is not born yet, also appear in 1871 - John a Fish Dealer.
    ChristineR

garom

Default Nelly where art thou ?

Hi Christine,
    You are absolutely correct. In my desperation to find this lady, I had a mental black out when reading her father's name.You see I have been looking for a NELLY ALBURY for over 2 years. She is the wife of my g'father's eldest brother. I have her name, with her father's' on the marriage cert. They were married in 1901, after the census, and went off to America in 1904. I have them covered on the 1910/20/30 American censuses plus his death cert BUT I can't find her up to the marriage cert. I even have a picture of her but as to her roots - zilch ! I've tried all variations with her name. Having found her (Nellie Albury) on the 1891 census is it possible for you to find her on the 1901 one, please ?
    Yours truly,
    Anthony

Brick wall demolition expert! ChristineR's Avatar

She does not show on a quick look at 1901.

What was the name of her father and his occupation?

Where did she marry? as I suppose she may be working in the area if not at home.
    ChristineR