Doreen

Default Where is Bridget?

I am at a loss where to look next for Bridget.
    She was born Bridget Fox 1838 in Roscommon, Ireland.
    Married in England to Edward Bunting in 1857 and had a son NJoseph born Birmingham 1858.
    I found the family on 1861 census and then on 1871 census just Edward and his son Joseph were in lodgings in Scotland and then found Edward married again this time in Scotland in 1871.
    I have searched all death records and others but can find no trace of Bridget, I tried Fox in case she had reverted back to her maiden name.
    Bridget was my Great Grandmother so would dearly love to know what happened to her.
    Please can anyone help.

Marie C..

Hallo Doreen,
    Bridget's father's name and occupation will be on the marriage cert.
    Where was she married? As for death. It will be there somewhere. Maybe she went back to Ireland and died there?
    Once you have her father's name then you can look on the Griffifths valuation and see if her father is on there and this will give you the parish(hopefully). Then you can send of for a birth cert to the groireland.
    Try the Irish sites such as failteromhat.com or the leitrim -roscommon site for free Griffifths valuation site.
    You will find her. It just takes time.
    Marie

Doreen

Default Bridget

Bridget and Edward mariried in Birmingham, her Father given as John Fox and as a labourer.
    There seems to be millions of John Foxes.
    I will try the Irish site you mention - I havent done those.
    Thank you

corkgen

Hi Doreen, You won't get a birth cert. dating back to the 1830's in Ireland... post 1864 only I'm afraid.

Doreen

Default Bridget Fox

Thanks for the info on Irish Birth Certificates. Oh dear everything seems against fidning Bridget!!!!

Marie C..

Sorry I was forgetting . Of course you won't get a birth cert but you will get a copy of baptism register entry from the church where baptised which is why you need the parish.
    My Bridget was elusive too and in fact her real name was Bridgid and I only found her last year after a five year search..... and I have all her siblings baptisms too.... so just keep hoping. Yes there are lots of Foxs but that doesn't matter.
    Track her through the censuses and it may give a birthplace on one of them.ie. not just Ireland but a specific place. Her marriage cert should have witnesses on it. These names might help. Are there any of her relatives living nearby? Follow them and see if a nameplace is revealed. Check her childrens' names. Often they name them for the grandparents and use family names.
    Marie

Doreen

This does seem hopeless.
    I have tried the witnesses to Bridgets marriage but that doesnt give much help.
    I dont know the parish where she would have been baptised - I have tried all the churches in Roscommon but still no answers.
    Think I will just have to give up on this one.
    She just seems to have disappeared altogther - not in deaths anywhere.
    Maybe she is under the patio!!!!!!!!!

Marie C..

You have to be positive!
    You'll find her when you least expect it. Google all the Irsih sites. have you tried the Leitrim-Roscommon one. See whereabouts in ireland Fox was most prolfic.
    Just put her name in a google search and see what comes up.
    Try the message boards .
    They didn't have patios then. They had back yards orgarden ground.
    She's tucked up neatly in some cemetery.... you just have to find where?
    M