Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    salcat

That's a very likely candidate, but there were 77 William Fletcher birth registrations in 1890, and sometimes people added middle names later, so they don't show in the indexes. So it's possible that the one registered as William Albert isn't your William Albert.

Do you have any other evidence as to where he was born? (family stories, other relatives in the area can all be pointers)

Sally

cirstybewick

i only have that he married in liverpool and he's son albert fletcher was born west derby area.
    and also that he's farther was john fletcher
    soooooo doing my head in!!!!!
    how on earth are we surpose to define the correct one lol

cirstybewick

in 1912 he william fletcher is living in pleasant street liverpool

salcat

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring

WA born Liverpool 1890 probably is your man - it would just be nice to see if we can find him in the census somewhere to link him to John so you don't waste money on certs that aren't your family.

I've had another thought about ways to search - back in a bit

S

cirstybewick

okay dokey

salcat

I still can only find one likely candidate in 1901, and he is the one at Blue Coat Hospital. Liverpool record office has lots of stuff relating to the school, including the Application Books and the Admission Registers, (see here)
    so you may end up needing to check their records to see if there is mention of his father.

I think I would go ahead and order the certificate, but use the check facility to check he is the son of John.

Then you would have his mothers name as well, which might help find him in the censuses.

Hope this all helps

Sally

Best of luck - off for a long weekend tomorrow, will check back in on Tuesday
    Last edited by salcat; 28-08-2008 at 4:40 PM. Reason: PS

cirstybewick

ok have a good weekend!!!
    thanks x

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123