Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    portzed

Default LINDOP - Crewe area

Researching the Lindop family from the Crewe area. Period earliest to 1930's.
    Most famous (to date) is RICHARD LINDOP 1778-1871 who was a farmer and preacher (Methodist) and wrote his Reminiscences.

Apart from Farmers, Printer/Stationer, Auctioneer, and Wheelwrights appear.
    Christian names - Albert, Alfred, George, John, Levi, Ralph, Richard, Thomas, Walter and William predominate.
    Villages - Church Coppenhall, Monks Coppenhall, Haslington, Barthomley, Gresty, Alsager, Maw Green, Wybunbury, Sandbach.

Interested in exchanging information with anyone studying the LINDOP's from Crewe.

Thanks

JDGen

Hello Portzed,

I have a small LINDOP twig on my tree (not my direct line).

Alfred LINDOP b. c1863 Haslington m Annie Clarke MOUNFIELD in 1890 at Davenham.

Any connection?

JDGen

portzed

Default Alfred Lindop b c1863/4

Hello DJGen,

I haven't found a definite link to my tree but I feel that there must be one going further back.

I have this on 1881 census

Ralph Lindop 51 head wheelwright
    Alfred Lindop 17 son wheelwright
    John Lindop 23 son wheelwright
    Mary G Lindop 56 wife
    Helen Lindop 11 dau

Street: Winterley, Haslington

Does this match with yours?
    Best wishes
    Portzed

Martin Allen

Default Mary Lindop

Married John Whiston.

Any good?

portzed

Default Mary LINDOP

Hello Martin,

Mary born when and where?

Married where?

Thanks

Portzed

vanman

Hi Protzed
    The Ralph Lindop that you quoted from the 1881 census, his father was also a Ralph Lindop b.1796 in Haslington, he was also a wheelwright and was listed as a Protestant Disenter of Sandbach. He married a Mary ??? from Congleton in about 1825 and they had three children as far as I can tell, they were:
    Thomas
    William
    Ralph
    Is this any help? Because if it is we are related.
    Peter

portzed

Quote Originally Posted by vanman View Post
    Hi Protzed
    The Ralph Lindop that you quoted from the 1881 census, his father was also a Ralph Lindop b.1796 in Haslington, he was also a wheelwright and was listed as a Protestant Disenter of Sandbach. He married a Mary ??? from Congleton in about 1825 and they had three children as far as I can tell, they were:
    Thomas
    William
    Ralph
    Is this any help? Because if it is we are related.
    Peter
    Hello Peter, Sorry for delay in reply been away. I have not identified a direct link as yet. Are you on Genes Reunited? We could try to link up through that. My email is (coded to avoid spammers) portzedatbtinternetdotcom .

Best regards
    portzed

GillianM

LINDOPS, Barthomley
    Just read this old posting (am new member) and wonder if any progress has been made that may help me out. I have a Richard Lindop b 1708 Barthomley d 1771 who married Elizabeth Meakin in Acton, nr Nantwich in 1729. Also a William Lindop b 1739 Barthomley who married Mary Meakin in Barthomley in 1767. I have not been able to find any ancestors - too many couples of the same names as parents to be sure. Would be thrilled to hear from anyone who has these people in their tree.

colind1949

My name and George Lindop is my great great great great grandfather. I have just started to reasearch the family history and have got to my great grandmother who was George Lindop great grandaughter. She kept the history papers . She lost her twin sons in WW1. I do not have the links between her and G Lindop

Hope to hear from you soon.

Colin

portzed

Hi Colin,

Were the twins Henri and John Villiers-Russell torpedoed 1/1/1915 off Lyme Regis?

Parents of above were Benjamin Villiers-Russell who married Isabellina Dean approx 1884

If so you are descended from Richard LINDOP 1778-1871 - he of the "Reminiscences"

I am a bit confused by your inferred relationship between George LINDOP and the twins.

In my tree I have a George LINDOP b 26/6/1817 and his son George Colley LINDOP b c1852

George 1817 was the son of Richard LINDOP 1778

George senior is my 2x Great Grandfather.

Regards

John Stokes

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast