Thread: Kendrick family

Roger Newman

Default Kendrick family

I am trying to discover more information on my 4x great grandparents, Jonathan Kendrick and Martha Butler, who were married at St Bartholomew's, Wolverhampton, in 1757. The Kendricks were originally a Welsh family (Cynrig) and for many years lived at Oakeswell Hall (demolished in 1962) close to St Bartholomew's. Jonathan had several sons, two of whom were called Humphrey (the first died as a baby), and I suspect that Jonathan himself was a son of another Humphrey. Anyone know any more?

Brock

Hi there,

I have Kendrick ancestors from Wednesbury but not the same line as you.
    I have looked on Genes Reunited and there appears to be two trees on the site with entires for both Jonathan Kendrick & Martha Butler so it may be worth your while contacting them. The two GR members are:-
    Susan Harris, membership no. 6016721 & Davis Morris, membership no. 3199879.
    Hope this is of help to you.

Brock.

Brock

Hi again,

There is also an entry for the couple and their eight children on Rootsweb.com.

Brock.

janbooth

Default KENDRICK

Family History Online (a very useful source for Staffordshire) gives the marriage of Jonathan KENDRICK to Martha BUTLER as being at Wednesbury on 30 April 1757 by licence. If the licence survives it may give you further details. There are a good few KENDRICK marriages on the site (pay per view but at a very reasonable cost) plus a good number of KENDRICK burials including the names of Humphrey and Jonathan which could give you some more info about your family.

HTH

Janet

Roger Newman

Default Kendrick family

Thank you so much Janet. The difficulty is finding out exactly which Joanthan was mine! But that is all part of the fun. Roger

Roger Newman

Brock, a thousand thanks. David Morris is a distant cousin, also descended from Jonathan and Martha. There are several candidates for our Jonathan but sorting out who is which is provind difficult, although all part of the fun! Roger

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi my kendrick are from the same place as yours my kendrick is my great Nanna pamela kendrick born 1882
    Is she one of your kendricks

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi, I'm a Kendrick too, born Kerry Kendrick from Wednesbury

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi, I was born Kerry Kendrick and I lived on Pakeswell street, my dads family was from Windmill street