Loves to help with queries

Default William Green farmer to Watchmaker Wallgate Wigan 1834?

Hi
    Any help advice would be fantastic
    Green's family farmers in Fenton Hayton, nr Carlisle area?
    Have traced my family back to William Green B:1811 Watchmaker at Wigan 1833 -1861 Born at Fenton Cumberland married to Elizabeth Ashton, at Billinge 1836 Wigan Lancashire, died Oldham 1874.
    Found a Will and Testament at Carlisle Castle records of Richard Green born 1745 died 1825 Fenton, was living at Fenton in the parish of Hayton.
    The will shows William had an older brother born abt 1806 who was living with Richard when he died and still farmed at Lane Head Farm, Fenton, have checked local parish records, for the area but not able to make out, too faint. Have also been able to find William's brother John on the Principal Inhabitants of Cumberland 1829 & 1847.
    Have checked the IGI's till blue in the face.

It seems that Richard Green B:abt 1745 died 1825 Fenton married to Mary Forster in 1775 at Nichol Forest
    son William Green b abt 1780 maried to unknown ?
    grandchildren:- John Green b:1806 married Margaret at Nichol Forest in 1826 and my William Green b:1811

Been stuck for almost a year

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default William Green, watchmaker, Wigan

It's been a long time since your post and I don't know if you are still there but I think your William was the son of William Green and Sarah Brown. Most of the family emigrated to Ohio but they left two sons behind in Wigan, John and William. The obit for that William's sister (1904, said that he was a watchmaker.
    KSmart