Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    jeanettemarie

I have also orderd and recieved copies from Roscommon and it is indeed a very fast efficient service, but now I order photocopies which give you the same information and at a reduced cost
    Jeanette

Mutley

Quote Originally Posted by v.wells View Post
    Love your sense of humour Mutley . And I will have a look tomorrow - I have bookmarked the page
    Greetings, oh beautiful Sapphire Star
    from the dog eared Mut!

I have faxed off my order, some with full details and others with just a year and not a date. I will let you know the outcome.

Tootsies crossed.

Also a big thank you to those who replied about service from Roscommon.
    It gave me the confidence to make the effort.

Mutley

Fantastic service.

Downloaded the forms, faxed them with credit card details and certificates arrived one week later. Wonderful!!

On one of the birth requests I had given the wrong surname spelling, wrong year, a second first name that was not on the certificate and the wrong address and wrong occupations of parents.

They still found it.

v.wells

WOW that was quick! I'm glad they found the right one for you. I will have a go at sending an e-fax. Not sure how to do it, but will ask my son and if he's no help will have to snail mail it.

I'm happy for you Mutley Can I ask how much it was in £ or Euros? You can pm if you don't want to divulge the gory details!
    Last edited by v.wells; 09-09-2008 at 3:21 AM. Reason: Mental dsylexia

Mutley

Hello Vanessa

This is the site that I used and the fees (euros) are listed here.
    https://www.groireland.ie/fees.htm

If you click on the 'Apply for a cert' button you can download the application form in .pdf for a birth or marriage. At the moment they say they do not have the security system in place to accept credit card details online. (FAQ's).

Good Luck

v.wells

Hi Mutley - I already had the forms downloaded and will now attempt to send them by fax with cc number. My son says that I can send faxes so I will attempt to educate myself.

I'm so glad you were able to get your certs. I have re-searched all places possible for any records of my Irish Walsh's so I had best get on it to Ireland. I am just worried that it'll be money wasted if they can't find anything. But you have given me hope yet

v.wells

I couldn't decide which fax program to use or if I had to put the long distance code in front so I just mailed everything off with my cc information. Hopefully it'll be quicker than GRO but don't hold out much hope BUT I love surprises!

v.wells

Well I received my gg grandparents marriage cert today.

They could not find births and do not hold registers prior to 1864. I would have to go to the National Library in Ireland and request the films- kind of not possible as I haven't won a lottery!

As this is my first foray into Irish genealogy I admit to being overwhelmed at the terminology. The family was Roman Catholic and I have no idea if LDS would have the films. But at least I know where they were married and when, both fathers names (deceased) and his mother's name. This all takes place in St. Michael's in the city of Limerick.

I'm rather hopeless at wading thru GENUKI and my lot never seem to be complete on familysearch. I shall have to think on this and decide what to do next.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12