Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIMMER/RYMER

SeaCopRimmer

Default RIMMER/RYMER

I have a huge amount of information (mainly North Meols/Southport based) about the surname - am willing to look up if anyone requires help

tassiegirl

Default RIMMER/RYMER

Hi.

do you have any info on a Henry Rimmer born 1850 Liverpool to Nicholas, he married my gt grandmother Jane Boyd ne Lever in 1882, I don't have any other information on him.

Thanks

Laurie

SeaCopRimmer

1851 Census
    21C Prince Edwin Lane, Everton (Liverpool)
    Nickels Rimmer, Head, Marr. 31, Labourer born Anesdale (Ainsdale near Southport)
    Phaby, Wife, Marr, 35, born Burscough
    Ellen, Dau 6 born Burscough
    Mary, Dau 5, born Liverpool
    Henry, Son 5 months, born Liverpool

I think Nickels is Nicholas and Phaby is Phoebe?

Am away from home at present but will look for more (if required) after Friday (please remind me that I need to do a look up for you).

Have you contacted the person who is doing the One Name Study in the Guild of One Name Studies?

www.
    one-name.org/cgi-bin/search.cgi?find=4127
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

SeaCopRimmer

I am the person who is responsible for the research in The Rimmer FHS and also the GOONS - have responded to laurie - thanks for passing the link

We like to point people in the right direction, Welcome to the forum!
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

SPlumb

Hi
    we have a David Rymer/Rimmer born 1831 Maghull to a Barbara Rimmer. He was a master wheelwright. He married an ann Lloyd in the 1850's and had several children including Thomas born 1854. They lived mostly in Eccleston/St Helens and David went to live with his daughter Sarah and husband George Lathom in late 1800's after his wife died. Any links to this family?

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Where can I find info on Rimmers in Seacombe and Liverpool Area. I'm looking for information on a William Rimmer from this area, born about 1886 time frame. Married Gertrude Watson 11 November 1911. Served in 5th Kings Liverpool.

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Hello Helen,

Welcome to British-Genealogy.

Do you have the marriage certificate for William and Gertrude, only I can't see a marriage for them in 1911. But there is a Gertrude Watson on the same page as William Rimmer in December quarter 1906, Birkenhead registration district. Seacombe (strictly speaking Poulton cum Seacombe) is in that registration disrict.

The 1911 census shows a William Rimmer, aged 25, with wife Gertrude 24, and daughter Gertrude Alice aged 2, living in Seacombe.
    Everyone said to have been born in Liverpool, though baby Gertrude's birth was registered on Birkenhead registration district, not one of the Liverpool ones.
    Census reference RG14/22096 SN320

There are two other Rimmer children whose mother's maiden name was Watson registered in the Birkenhead registration district - Winniefred (September quarter 1911) and William P (September quarter 1913)

Looks as if Gertrude junior married Albert H Hastings in 1928. Can't find anything definite re Winniefred or William junior.

Unfortunately William Rimmers born circa 1886 are ten a penny so you will need to obtain his marriage certificate to find his father's name and occupation before we can positively go further back. (If you want to know how to the certificate from either the GRO or the local register office, then yell. )

Pam
    Vulcan XH558 - “Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”

William Rimmer living at 47 Cherrybank Road Seacombe when he rejoined the army on 16 Feb 1920 at Liverpool, gave his birthdate as 28 November 1884. he first signed up in 1909 regimental number 200071 discharged 12/7/19
    Wife Gertrude Rimmer of the same address. (married 11 Nov 1906)

Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast