Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    paget

Default posting old photos

seen this text in another thread on here

"Copyright in photographs taken before 1 January 1945 expired 31 December 1994 unless still protected by copyright in another European Economic Area on 1 July 1995. It is therefore highly unlikely the photos would be in copyright".

i have some old navy photos from approx 1942 to sept 1944 of my dad would it be ok to post these on here ?
    both my parents are deceased .
    taker of photographs unknown
    Thank You

To get them to show on here you have to follow the instructions here

https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...4399#post34399

If you consider the copyright to have expired then you can share then in this way if you choose to
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

Katlin

Exclamation

Hi, Paget,

Not sure if this link will work - not tried before. (Yes it does. I have just tried it.) I googled 'copyright' and landed on the site below. I think I will need to read it when my brain is more wide awake.

Copyright seems to be more complicated than one might think - although 70 years appears to be a magic number!! Fortunately, I am old enough for most of my ancestors' photos to be out of copyright. Having said that still a couple of years to go for my parents' wedding photo. (note singular!)

All the best,
    Katlin

https://library.leeds.ac.uk/info/2001...in_photographs

Peter_uk_can

As the Duke of Wellington said. "Publish and be Damned"

I have hundreds of family photos and photos sent to us by family and / or friends.

The whole Copyright thing for the ordinary person using an image in something like our genealogy is not what the ruling was ever about.

Copying something and then making money by passing it off as your own work, or seriously preventing the owner of the Copyright from making additional sales, is something else.

It may be worth remembering that "Breach of Copyright" is a civil offence for which a case would have to be made, put to the courts and judged upon.

I doubt that the original photographer of my photos, is going to go to that trouble.

Maybe time for a little common sense to prevail and put "paranoia" to bed,

(Copyright Peter H Lawford 2009)

So please don't quote me

Raaa

Default old photos

i have recieved some amazing photos from my relation a lot of them are unknown members of my family i have asked her permission to put them on most are over 100 years in the hope of finding names but also to share ive had some great help on here and other sites dating photos finding out which regiments of some of my army pictures somebody will look at those pictures and says thats my great grandad i might find out its not a relation and just friend of the family but then again might find its a relation so if we strictly kept to copywright rules we would never found out so much copywrigt ? no dont know that one raa

Valued member of Brit-Gen. Aislin's Avatar

I defy the Royal Flying Corps to come after me. Enjoy my grandfather.

salcat

Never thought to look at it before, Finbar, but

WOW

Don't tell my OH will you - he'll definitely tell me it's time for bed

Sally

Peter_uk_can

Quote Originally Posted by Finbar View Post
    SSSSHHHHH Sally! Don't tell anyone!
    Nobody reads this anyway, so no worries.

Hugh Thompson

I had to have him looking his best Aslin.
    Hugh

Valued member of Brit-Gen. Aislin's Avatar

How very sweet of you. He does look most dapper now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast