Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    genewizard

Hi Ian I will be going to Newcastle civic centre within the next week or so so I will have a look for you and let you know.

Summer

Talking How generous of you to offer....

Lovely to see such generosity fruitful at BG Forums!!
    I have Tynemouth connections but not sure what to ask for and where to start??! My GGGG grandfather George Cowey (~1809 - 13/5/1881) for the most part of his life was a Cordwainer/Shoemaker except for the 1861 census period where he was listed as an Innkeeper. I have tried to find out for which pub, someone suggested the Ship Inn but I don't even know where that came from and haven't been able to find anything on that since. Not sure if that would be in the newspaper records? Also I have no date of birth for him and am guessing birthyear from his age at death at Tynemouth Union Workhouse. He married 3 times first to Margaret Horseborough (?19/7/1829 Saint Hildas), 2nd to Mary Wood (18/2/1850 St Nicholas Cathedral N-U-T) and finally to Margaret Dale (28/12/1869 Tynemouth). I'm decended from the first marriage. I'd love to find out more about his family. I have no records of his mother or any siblings but I know his father's name was James Cowey and that he was a mariner from one of his wedding certs. I really don't expect you to specifically research my whole family tree, but I guess if you come across anything to do with "my lot" then I'd be grateful if you could let me know!!!
    Cheers,
    Summer.

genewizard

Hi Summer no problem about looking up the information though it might be about 10 days before I get back to the library but I will certainly have a look for you and see what they have.
    Genewizard

edith

Can you do a look up for Elizabeth Mccivet or Mckivet died feb 1894 byker..very hard tracing this side of family,also Ann died feb 1898...
    Living in hope !! Thanks

genewizard

Hi Edith no problem but it might be about 10 days before I can do that

genewizard

Hi Edith I have just had a look at the newcastle evening chronicle death notice site https://www.genuki.org.uk:8080/big/en...ces/index.html and I have found the following

Elizabeth Mccivet died 17/02/1894 aged 55 Byker
    Ann Mccivet died 16/02/1898 no age Byker
    James Mccivet died 21/09/1896 age 34 Byker,
    so what I will do is get copies of the death notices from the evening chronicles and that may give you family members.
    Genewizard

Summer

Talking Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by genewizard View Post
    Hi Summer no problem about looking up the information though it might be about 10 days before I get back to the library but I will certainly have a look for you and see what they have.
    Genewizard
    Thanks a lot - you really are a Genewizard!
    I am in no hurry whatsoever, I'm just very grateful you can help at all!!!! I'll owe you one, or five!!!
    Thanks again.
    Summer.

suzeq

hi could you please have a look at the obits for a
    Mary Ann Turnbull age 72 ? died 27th january 1909
    for me please.

also if you have time could you ask if they do war dead obits for 1918
    as im after one for James garrett died 23 august 1918 he was in the Northumberland fusilliers.

many thanks
    suzeq

Knowledgeable and helpful

Default Looking for Stephen Elliott

Gudday 'genewizard' from New Zealand; what a nice offer to do research.

I posted the following message on the Durham thread and got a reply with Stephen living with the nash family in 1851. If you can find anything else that would be wonderful.

"I'm researching my wife's family.

I've got a subscription to FINDMYPAST and found Stephen ELLIOTT living at Westmorland Place, Newcastle-on-Tyne in 1871. His date of birth is quoted as 1846; place of birth Northumberland. In 1881 he was living in William Street, Darlington and in 1891 Janson Street, Darlington; occupation Iron Works Labourer; and place of birth stated as Newcastle. Stephen married Mary H Atkinson in 1866 (from UKBMD)

I couldn't find him on Findmypast in 1861, and the 1851 census records are not yet available".

David

steelhair

Hi Genewizard,
    Wonder if you could help me, been unable to find the Baptism of Abner Daglish Found the family living Percy Main in the 1841 census aged 9yrs, his parents James and Mary. one brother - James was killed at Percy Main Pit in 1849. Is it possible to get copy of the coroners report? . Forgot to mention the children were baptised at Christ Church Tynemouth. Just wonder if Abner was spelt wrong?
    Geordie in exile.
    Last edited by steelhair; 03-09-2008 at 6:38 PM. Reason: grammer

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast