Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mistylincs

Default ROGERS family

Hi Jean,
    Thanks for your reply. I have had a bit of a break through which I don't think is coincidental. I have found MARGARET ANSTRUTHERs parents who are JOHN ANSTRUTHER and MARGARET SMITH. This is the interesting bit because my family were BLANDs and my Mum always said that upto when she and my Dad married the BLAND males came down as SMITH BLANDS. Now MARGARET SMITH would have been my WILIAMs Grandma and he and Harriet (Nee TIDMARSH) had a daughter MARGARET and their other daughter HELENA married RICHARD SMITH BLAND. I may not have found WILLIAM in person but I now think I may at least have his parents brothers and sisters. Thank you so much for all your help
    Homexxbird

IanJewel

Default Rodger Family

William Rodger's son David Davidson Rodger became minister at what is now Knox Presbyterian church in Lower Hutt N.Z. in 1883. He moved to a new parish in North Canterbury in 1888. During his time in Lower Hutt his father William died at the age of 73 and was buried in the Blackbridge Cemetery alongside the church. This was in 1886. There is no mention of his wife Margaret, who may have died before the family left Scotland.

There is more information on the cemetery website, which you can reach by entering "Blackbridge Cemetery Lower Hutt" into Google.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12