Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sdgray22

Default JEX One Name Study

I am doing a one name study of the name JEX registered with ONS society. Any information gratefully received and I am happy to help anyone who needs to trace a JEX. My website currently holds 800 Jexs and I have many hundreds to add yet.
    Sharon Gray

pauljex

Default Surname Jex

Hi Sharon
    My name is Paul Thomas Jex born xx xxxx 1967 in Blackburn i am helping my dad trace our family tree .My Grandad was born in Norfolk in 1911.My dad Thomas born xx xxxx 1942 also from Blackburn.We are at the moment in contact with sanda46 a member of this site.but all the info about deaths and births are in my dads loft and at 67 my dads not in good health i will be going to my dads on saturday 2 August to bring it all down.Please keep in contact as i would love to know my grandads family from Norfolk

paul Jex
    Last edited by Geoffers; 30-07-2008 at 8:33 PM. Reason: Removal of excessive personal detail

Geoffers

Hello Paul
    I'm one of the moderators who help Bo-Beep to look after these forums.

I would point out that it is not wise to include full personal details on public forums, not only for yourself, but also your dad. I have edited the message accordingly. Your grandfather's year and place of birth should be sufficient for someone carryng out a one-name study, to see if they can help you.

There is a lot of information available on Norfolk, I have substantial records for the North East of the county, if it helps.

In beginning research, you will need to be methodical. To help fellow Norfolk researchers, I have created a thread with some basic advice. The thread can be found here.

Please ask if you get stuck.

pauljex

Default One Name Studies

Hi Geoffers
    Thank you for pointing that out to me i didnt realise,but i will know in the future.I new to all this family tree as my dad was doing it.but i did not think there was so many Jexes as in Lancashire it is not a common name.People give me funny looks when i say my surname.I even had Car registration documents being posted well in funny surnames they replaced the J with S.It was only when a police Officer stop my car on the way to work one morning that he ask my surname.he said "so your Mr Sex are you ".well what can you say when asked that lol.Thank you for your advice geoffers. it much Apreacheated
    Best wishes
    Paul Jex

Geoffers

No problem, we just want to protect the valued members of these forums.

Going to your grandfather - Do you have his marriage and birth certificates? If not, do you know how to go about looking for them and where you can obtain them from? DO you know where in Norfolk he came from?

JEX occurs quite a lot in Norfolk, do remember to check varient spellings, e.g. JECKS and JEKKES, amongst others.

sdgray22

Default JEX

Paul I have sent you an e mail privately, but if you send me your grandfathers details I will send you everything I have and can find on your line for you.
    my e mail is
    sdgray22
    @sky.com
    just put the two lines together
    Sharon

Staffy1

Default Information re JEX

Hi,

Don't know if this will be any help to you, but i know sometimes the most insignificant thing to one person can be the missing piece of the jigsaw to another.
    In the eraly 1680's i believe, one of my ancestors - Robert STAFFE married a Martha JEX. The wedding took place in Stratton, Norfolk.

You are probably aware of this one, so if you are please ignore.

Regards

James

Nicolina

here's one from my databases.
    Louisa WATLING, daughter of Louisa TROWSE & James WATLING, born Sparham, Norfolk in 1860 married Richard Moses Jex in 1880. They emigrated to America in 1893 and Louisa died in Spanish Fork, Utah in 1930.
    Sorry I don't have a death for Richard.

sdgray22

Question Robert Staffe & Martha Jex

Staffy1

This is not a marriage I know about do you have any information on Martha or the marriage? I would be grateful if you would let me know.
    If you do please reply to
    sdgray22@
    googlemail.com
    just put the two lines together it stops spammers
    Sharon

sdgray22

Talking Utah Jex Dynasty

Nicolina
    Thanks for this, they and his cousin started a dynasty in America and there is even a book on them called the "The Jex Family History"
    Sharon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast