Thread: "Hello"

stacie

Default "Hello"

Hello, my name is Stacie im 36 years old and have been researching my maiden name of "Smith" for the last 2 years. I have taken a great interest in researching my roots and knowing where my family has came from. Im hoping to find research in showing my 5th decedent Joseph Smith came from "Lands End ".....Thanks for having me !!!

Jan1954

Hello Stacie and a warm welcome back to Brit-Gen

I have Smiths in my family, too. Luckily, mine did not move out of their village for 200 years - probably realising that I would come along later and try to trace them! (Yeah, right...)

Have a good look round the forums and post those questions of yours. We will all try to pitch in and help.

Have fun!

jane.harrison.9

Hi Stacie and welcome to the Brit-Gen forum.
    Good luck with your research.
    Jane.

Mutley

Hello Stacie and

It's quite a mad house here but between the Competitions, Jokes and General Chatter we do manage to knock down a few Brick Walls as well.

Find yourself a hard hat and join in by posting your questions on one of the boards.

If you don't know where to start Beginners or General Family History is a good place to try.

There are also the County Forums that may help you to find just a few answers to guide you on your way.

Smiths get their feet in everywhere, mine are Londoners and I doubt that where ever they come from, they are an easy lot to research so...

Good Luck

ash33au

Hello Stacie and welcome to the forum. Smith is a tough one - I've got 5 unrelated Smith lines myself - but its also the fun of the challenge that makes it worthwhile

elaine webb

Smile

Hi Stacie,

Welcome to this forum I am also a 'newbie' so join the club! I just joined a few days ago and so far everyone has gone out of their way to help me, especially Jan1954.

I'm sure you will get loads of info so enjoy your search.

Elaine.