Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I am one of the many grandchildren of Ellis Thompson Jackson and have just found this website. From the time I can remember my grandfather lived in Brixton with my grandmother, Jessie Jackson (previously they lived in Dulwich). He had 8 children (2 boys and 6 girls), my mother was the 7th child; to my knowledge there are now just two of his children still living, my mother and her younger sister. I know little of the family in the U.S. and met my maternal great-grandmother when she stayed with my grandfather in Brixton for a while - she was known as Granny Kingsland. I believe my mother has a photo of the Jackson family in the U.S. I know his father lived in England for a while and was known as Cap.
    Sonia

Nicolina

if you go to britishpathe.com/search/query/Billy+Cotton (put https://www in front) there are some old Billy Cotton film clips. Even if you don't find who you are looking for it will give you an idea of what he was doing.

anona

Hi Sonia,
    I am Ellis Thompson Jackson's great niece my grandfather was of course his brother I would love to see the photo your mother has I know that other members who have posted on here would do too as we are all related one way or another thanks for filling in some of the gaps for us as it is very hard to find any information
    Anona

I have to find out from my mother if she is the one who had the picture; if she does, I will have to find out how to upload it.

DavidFM

Hello,
    My Great grandfather lived next door to Ellis Thompson Jackson for more than twenty years, in Brixton, South London.

Many people in the entertainment buisness lived in the area, my family were also entertainers and one of my uncles was in The Billy Cotton Band for television appearances.

DavidFM

The British Film Institute states it has footage of Ellis in the 1920's and in the 1940's with the Billy Cotton Band:
    https://
    ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/title/16040
    Last edited by Jan1954; 21-01-2013 at 8:53 AM. Reason: Url split as it is a commercial website

tonim79

Hi Sonia, My Grandfather was Cap, he was my fathers, father my dad Thomas Harris is Ellis T Jackson Jnr's half brother. I would love to see any photo's you have.

Toni. x

Default Ellis Jackson

Hi
    My grandfather knew Ellis Jackson in the 1930s

He was friends with Ellis's brother called Jonny. My grandfather actually dated Ellis's sister called Bessy.

My Grandfather is almost 101 years old but remembers him most clearly.

Ellis Senior and Louisa had 5 children
    Lived at 39 Sudbourne Road

Ellis who was in the Billy cotton band
    Lily
    Bessy
    Dorothy
    Stella
    Another girl
    Jonny

Any thing else you'd like to know ?
    Michelle xx

Was your grandfather Jonny Jackson? My grandfather was in the 8th Lambeth Scouts with Jonny and he went out with Jonny and Ellis's sister Bessie. My grandfather is 101 in a couple of months time but was talking about your family recently.

Just to correct a couple of facts given by Furbabystarr (Michelle). My grandfather (Ellis Jackson) lived at 89 Sudbourne Road in Brixton with his wife Jessie; before that they lived in Dulwich. They had 8 children - Ellis, Lily, Bessie, Dolly, Ida, John, Stella and Jean. Stella is my mother; of the 8 children, 6 have now died with just my mother Stella (94 years) and Jean (late 80s) still alive.

Your grandfather is doing well at 101 and with his memory intact!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast