Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: very vague

Lois A

Quote Originally Posted by Rachie View Post
    Hi Sandy, as i say it all a bit vague (rather like me)
    I better start at the beginning...
    Sidney harrison married Edith Mcnally in 1911, son Ernest S Harrison b 1912.
    Sidney died in 1914. It was thought throughout the family that edith and Ernest went to Australia.
    I was then contacted by a lady in Australia, her father was Ernest and mother was Nancy Trew, nancy died shortly after this ladies sister was born in Suva Fiji 1953. Ernest died in 1996 in Gisbourne Zew Zealand, the younger sister died in Brisbane.
    What happened to Edith I dont know, I can find no info,
    Edith Harrison was my grandmother. She was living in Fiji at the time of my birth. Sometime between 1949 and 1954, she moved to Gisborne, New Zealand.
    She died in Gisborne on August 25th 1964.

skemp46

Edith McNally is my great grandmother and Ernest Sydney d. 1914 is my great grandfather. My great grandfather died during WWI in the Battle of Aisne 13 Sept 1914. Edith moved to Fiji with Ernest Sydney b. 1912 after he served in WWII. Ernest Sydney Harrison b. 1912 d.1996 is my grandfather. Nancy Trew b.1912 d. 1953 is my grandmother. Nancy and Ernest m. 1936 in London England. (this is on my mothers birth certificate) I have a copy of my grandfathers birth certificate. Ernest Sydney Harrison b.1912 d.1996 had three children - Lois b.1949, Nina b.1953 in Fiji. Nina was my mother.

Granddad Harrison moved to New Zealand after Nancy's death after my mother, Nina Harrison was born. Granddad Harrison remarried to Joyce Sanders.

Edith McNally, my great grandmother died in Gisborne, New Zealand in the 1960's and her grave is in the Gisborne cemetery. Edith is in an unmarked grave. Ernest Harrison's (d.1996) grave is in the same cemetery along with Joyce Harrison (nee Sanders). Ernest Sydney's cause of death - cancer. Nina Kemp (nee Harrison) b. 1953 d. 2007 in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Nina's cause of death - cancer. Nina's ashes were sent back to New Zealand, she has a plot in the Gisborne cemetery. I have copies of the following:

Ernest Sydney's birth certificate
    Nina Harrison's birth certificate
    Nina Harrison's death certificate
    Last edited by Procat; 10-07-2011 at 5:43 AM. Reason: details of living people removed

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12