Thread: news papers

Flowers

Default news papers

Can anyone help with info on past Gloucester papers . or are they all in an archive some where ? I tried google but no luck .. thank you

Flowers

Default News papers

Many many thanks its a start

brianb

Hi
    I previously needed a few extracts from specific editions (Bristol Times and Mirror which covered Gloucestershire), Bristol Library were very helpful and sent me some for a very reasonable price.

Other than that, there are numerous newspapers available that often cover different areas (The Times etc), have you tried those. Most libraries seem to provide access, or there are web sites with links.

Are you looking for a particular edition or report on someone ?

Brian

Growing old Disgracefully

Smile

Have you tried the Records Office give them a ring with the details that you have and they will tell you what they have got might even have a look for you.

I found one of my relatives died in Leamington Spar from her Death Cert, rang Warwick Records office to make inquires because I didn't want to go all the way their if they didn't have what I was looking for, gave the lady all the details of what I was looking for and my number later the same day she rang back to say yes they had got the info told her I would be in to see them in the next couple of days so had a nice trip to Warwick, their they were waiting for me when I arrived, also gave me more information of where to look for other news papers.
    So now I have 2 newspaper reports from 1890.

Try Goggle for "Gloucester Records Office" it gives you Gloucester County Council they have on-line archives etc. etc

Worth a try - nothing ventured nothing gained
    Might charge you for the photo copy though

Sandy
    Last edited by Sandyhall; 01-07-2008 at 11:27 AM. Reason: to add info

Flowers

Default News papers

Many thanks all .. I am not looking for anything in particular but I would like to find any interesting things about the Gould Family maybe death notices births and marrages wedding pictures any thing I have no pictures of the family thats a missing link ..

brianb

Quote Originally Posted by Flowers View Post
    Many thanks all .. I am not looking for anything in particular but I would like to find any interesting things about the Gould Family maybe death notices births and marrages wedding pictures any thing I have no pictures of the family thats a missing link ..
    I have found items on my Glouctershire families on The Times and also the British Library Collect Britain site, https://www.collectbritain.co.uk/collections/, on the "Read all About it page for "The Penny Ilustrated" parer, where there are 318 articles relating to "Gould".

The times on line is: https://archive.timesonline.co.uk/ and there were 30,000 plus "Gould" results, ah well, may be worth being more specific with times and christian names or no one will hear from you again in months !

Best of luck

Brian

Flowers

Default thank you

Thank you brian I see your in wales thats my next family .. they have the Name Maddocks and yes I will enjoy the links