Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    v.wells

Default CB Beardsworth 1925 - Art Teacher

This is a two-fold question.

On a marriage certificate the groom is:

Charles Benjamin Beardsworth age 25, bachelor, profession is Art Teacher with residence at marriage 11 Ravensbourne Park, Catford as at November 1925.

I tried googling for a school but couldn't find one, just a map of Catford with what looks to be a very large school there. I would like to find out what school he might have taught at and try to follow his career.

I also found a book called "Pillar in a Box" illustrated by a CB Beardsworth and wondered if anyone had that book and could tell me the biographical details of Beardsworth to see if he is one and the same. I have tried to google for his bio but no joy not even with advance search techno.

Can anyone help?

Mutley

Vanessa, that could be more of a needle in a haystack than normal. Lewisham, Bromley, and virtually the whole of South London was not far away.

I think, even then, the Southern Region trains took you all over...

I don't know if there would be a list of schools run by the old LCC London County Council. Then again, it could be private or a college.

Sorry.

v.wells

I had to leave when the air around me turned blue! I got rid of one huge brickwall yesterday but faced this one immediately. But I love .

I would still appreciate it if any one can find a bio on this man. He would be my uncle by marriage. Cannot seem to get a handle on him even in the BT directories. He is married to my mysterious aunt Esther Ethel Jenny Wells - I received the marriage cert this week and have found a child which is correct according to my sister. My aunt died in 1968 according to GRO.

Reputation beyond repute

See Teachers Registration records - available online.

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Goodey View Post
    See Teachers Registration records - available online.
    Thanks Peter I don't have a sub with British Origins- too pricey for me! Oh well! Thanks for trying.

Knowledgeable and helpful

It may be St Dunstans College at Stanstead Road. The records are held at Lewisham local history and archives.
    Julie

Mutley

I haven't googled for it yet but off the top of my head was there not a
    National Union of Teachers? Do they have records?

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    I haven't googled for it yet but off the top of my head was there not a
    National Union of Teachers? Do they have records?
    Apparently the Teacher Registration lists are held by British Origins to which I don't have a sub. Thanks for the top of your head , I've lost mine
    Last edited by v.wells; 30-06-2008 at 12:58 AM. Reason: changed regulations to registrations

v.wells

Quote Originally Posted by blue eyes View Post
    It may be St Dunstans College at Stanstead Road. The records are held at Lewisham local history and archives.
    Thanks Blue eyes - I'll have a hunt and peck for them tomorrow.

Famous for offering help & advice michaelpipe's Avatar

The only Beardsworth in the Origins Teachers' Registrations 1870 - 1948 is:
    Last Name BEARDSWORTH First Name ELSIE Registration Year 1930 Year of first position 1918, and was in Edge Hill, Liverpool.

No help there.

Maybe he taught privately and didn't need registration

Michael
    Last edited by michaelpipe; 30-06-2008 at 2:21 AM. Reason: afterthought

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast