jnaomi

Default Lancaster weaving families, Flixton.

Primary search at this moment is for Enoch (Enock) BENT and his wife, whose probable name is Johanna (Joanna) WILKINSON (WILKERSON)
    Enoch Bent's dates are thought to be: Born 19 February 1812, Christened 23 March 1813 at Davey Hulme Wesleyan, Flixton. Marriage to Johanna is thought to be 30 June 1833 in Manchester Cathedral.

Johanna's birth is thought to be 7 April 1811 in England.

They emmigrated to the USA in 1842, arriving in New York from Liverpool on 20 May 1842, with children Ann, Elijah, and John.

I am interested in verifying any of this. And of course, am eager for any additional information as well!

Valued member of Brit-Gen

I've found their deaths on the IGI and the other info you posted. Have you looked at the 1841 census for them?

jnaomi

Default Bent Lancashire weavers

Thanks, Pat. Yes, I've found a great deal, and am back two more generations. Now looking for information on Enoch's parents William Bent (1786) and Mary Smith (abt 1786), and William's parents Henry Bent (1747) and Ellen ?, and Mary's parents James Smith and Mary ? I still don't have very much on Johanna Wilkenson in England or her parents. Takes longer to track the moms, doesn't it? I've learned so much fascinating social history!

Rubina

Default Pictures of Flixton

Hi

This is a great website for those who have ancestors/interest in the Flixton, Urmtson, Davyhulme area. Loads of great old photographs!

https://www.trafford.gov.uk/content/tca/

jnaomi

Default Thanks!

The photos were a wonderful assist to understanding the area in the 1800s.