Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Still awaiting reply. I have about given up hope, but my cheque hasn't yet been cashed so who knows.......
    pejay

Mutley

Patience is a virtue!

yes so they say - maybe next year?
    pejay

Hall/Swan

Default Militia

Can't help without seeing his name and regiment, it's ok if you don't want to say but Google his surname and them Advance Google that with his regiment detailed on report!

HTH

Hi there, thanks for your reply, sorry for the delay I have only found the posting. His name was Owen Kelly and he served in the 10th foot [2nd battalion] which later became the Lincolnshire Regt unfortunately his name is extremely common, and I really have cometo a huge brick wall with him, but I would welcome any suggestions/advice
    pejay

Jade26

Quote Originally Posted by Eve Foreman View Post
    It says 'vide' which is Latin for see.

So the whole phrase reads - (See report inside).

I've seen 'vide' used for see quite a lot in certain family records.

Eve

I agree with Eve that this is what it says. Trish

thanks for reply
    pejay

Hall/Swan

St Brigid's what? There is a St Brigid's school, church, parochial house in Redhills..no hospital.. Is St Brigid's mentioned in his records?

Was he from Redhill??

St Brigid's Church, Killoughter, Redhills

From https://www.kilmorediocese.ie/home

In the year 1790 Rev. Owen O'Reilly, P.P. erected a thatched chapel at Killoughter cross. The present St Brigid's Church was built in the year 1839 by Rev. Charles O'Reilly, P.P.
    In 1947 it was necessary to undertake the repair of this more than a century old chapel, this work was undertaken by Rev. Owen Traynor, C.C., who did a splendid job. It took three years to complete the work. The total cost was slightly over £11,000 and the funds were raised within the parish.

St. Brigid's has been recently decorated and painted and is one of the most beautiful rural chapels in any part of Ireland. It seats 800 people and a new cemetery has been acquired in recent years at the back of the church.

He originally came from Annagh or maybe Redhill[s] on his discharge papers his adress was given as Redhill[s] Co Cavan. I sent a letter and donation to St Brigids Parochial Centre requesting any info they may have mainly on my Grandmother Mary Kelly born 1882/83 and her parents Owen kelly and Ann Mcguire. the family were R/C. Like so many people with Irish connections I have come to a stop.
    pejay

Hall/Swan

Quote Originally Posted by pejay View Post
    He originally came from Annagh or maybe Redhill[s] on his discharge papers his adress was given as Redhill[s] Co Cavan. I sent a letter and donation to St Brigids Parochial Centre requesting any info they may have mainly on my Grandmother Mary Kelly born 1882/83 and her parents Owen kelly and Ann Mcguire. the family were R/C. Like so many people with Irish connections I have come to a stop.

Hope you requested a receipt for your donation!! At least that way they will have to answer you!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast