Degan

Default Rimmers of North Meols

Particularly to SeaCopRimmer
    I've got two main Rimmer lines, and I think my research is OK (well as OK as you can be with all the Rimmers and Wrights etc).
    Listed below are just the basic details of what I have.
    5xG grandfather John - married 30th June 1752 to Isabel Blondell.
    8 children christened 1754 to 1771
    4xG grandfather John - married 25th Sep 1792 to Ann Wright.
    9 children christened 1792 to 1815
    3xG grandfather John - married 19th Aug 1816 to Nanny Wright
    10 children baptised 1818 to 1841
    2xG grandfather William - married 7 July 1843 to Alice Rimmer
    4 children 1848 to 1867
    1xG grandfather John - married 8 Jan 1883 St Pauls Birkdale to Annie Humphreys - 5 children 1883 to 1895
    The other line is
    5xG grandfather Richard - married 13 March 1769 to Jane Gallant
    only one son found
    4xG grandfather John - married 19 Jan 1789 to Alice Wright
    12 children baptised 1789 to 1809
    3xG grandfather Richard - married 7 Aug 1821 to Jane Halsall
    5 children 1822 to 1837
    2xG grandmother Alice married William as above in 1843.
    I'd really like to get birth certs for all the recent children, but for some there are just too many options in the indexes. I really need to go through the parish registers for the baptisms. I did manage to find my 1xG grandfather's fist marriage when I went to Preston recently which pleased me.
    I've had help from the North Meols forum and wrote asking if there were any descendants of John and Annie through their sons, William born 1895c and John Richard born 1890. Ernest was born 1895 but died 1918. I know Annie was at her son John's house in 1937 as her daughter in law Mary (nee Cropper) was the informant on Annie's death cert. Sadly I didn't get any further with that posting.
    I've also been in touch with Joyce Otterstrom who has been helpful trying to untangle some threads, on various of my North Meols lines.
    I haven't asked any particular questions on this posting, as I thought I'd just let you have a look at what I know. I do have quite a lot of gaps in my knowledge and if the families do feature in your research I should love to fire some questions at you. I know that the North Meols forum can be very helpful and informative in that area.
    Regards Degan
    PS Sorry it's so long.

SeaCopRimmer

Well, most Rimmer queries tend to be long! Obviously you won't get Birth Certificates for pre-1837 births, but you can get copies from the Parish Record fiche held at Preston - at 50p a time they're cheaper than a Birth Certificate. Let me know if there is anything specific you need, we can meet here or on North Meols forum - I can be flexible

Degan

Default to SeaCopRimmer about my Rimmers

Hi thanks for the reply and the offer.

I will send a message via the North Meols forum, perhaps with just the most recent family of Rimmers. I recently spent a small fortune on copies of register entries in Preston CRO. I had several parishes I wanted to look at and I only got a few of the main ones from St Cuthbert's. I had lots of dates from the extracts I've bought but it's the post 1837 ones that are the most elusive. Incidently I got copies of some register entries from the Harris Library and they were much cheaper (20p I think) and the Library feels less intimidating than the CRO.
    I hope you don't regret the kind offer.

Regards Degan