rayrussell2000u

Default Liverpool Records Lookup!!

Hi,

I am currently trying to research my family from Liverpool but as I live in the southwest if anybody could visit the Liverpool records office for me to do some research I would be very appreciative??

Any help would be great.

Email me at: ray dot thebeatles at gmail dot com
    Last edited by Jan1954; 12-05-2008 at 7:13 PM. Reason: Email address disguised so the spammers don't get you!

v.wells

archive.liverpool.gov.uk/ for liverpool record search. Have you tried it?

rayrussell2000u

Thanks. Yes I have looked on that site but what i'm really after is a little bit of help from somebody who lives in the area would wouldn't mind helping me out as I live so far away from Liverpool...

Thanks

v.wells

Well, if it's pre-1837 stuff I'm sure someone will rescue you. There is also the Mersey newspaper archives that is on the newspaper forum. It was posted in April and is really good. Unless you say what it is you are looking for it's kind of hard to steer you in the right direction.

rayrussell2000u

I am really looking for a copy of a marriage certificate and Birth Certificates of my grandparents below:

Elizabeth Jane Walker (changed to "Nash" at some point)
    Born: 12/5/1925 in West Derby (Liverpool)
    Died: Nov 1989, Wallingford, Oxfordshire

and

Albert Edward Russell
    Born: 31/10/1927 in Liverpool.
    Died March 1990, Wallingford, Oxfordshire

If anybody living in the area is able to research for me I would be very grateful and am able to research the Plymouth Records Office in return.

Thanking you

Ray

v.wells

Elizabeth J. Walker 1925 W. Derby vol 8b p 646 2Q, mothers name Fisher

Albert E. Russell 1927 W. Derby vol 8b 676 2Q , mothers name Geoghegan

Not finding marriage. What year do you think they married?

The above 2 lines are exactly what you need to order b certs from GRO. These are the GRO reference numbers. They cost £7 each.
    Last edited by v.wells; 13-05-2008 at 8:36 PM. Reason: left out something

Wirral

Just to expand the information that Vanessa has given you, you can't get copies of birth certificates or marriage certificates from Liverpool Records Library. You can only buy certificates from the Liverpool Register Office or from the General Register Office at £7 each.
    Someone can look up a marriage entry at Liverpool Library in a copy of the church records, but only if you know which church the marriage took place at & when. That does not include Register Office marriages. Also, not all church records have been deposited at the library.
    The Library also has baptism & burial records, but again, you need to know where & when the event took place. Also, these records do not give as much information as a birth or death certificate. For instance, they will not give the maiden name of the mother on a baptism, or the name of the informant on a burial.

2Q means "2nd quarter" or "June quarter", ie an event registered in April, May or June.

rayrussell2000u

Thank you everyone for your help. I shall order some certificates..

Thanks

Mutley

When you receive the certificates Ray,
    Please let us know if you have the information you wanted.

We are a nosey lot on here and we do love a success story and will also commiserate if they are 'not yours'

Best of luck