ianmal

Post HART and STIRLING from Old & New Kilpatrick

My 3rd Great Grandparents were Walter HART and Marion McGREGOR who married circa August 1804 in either Old or New Kilpatrick (there is an IGI entry for both locations). Walter’s parents may have been Alexander HART and Rebeccah KERR m 17 March 1779 in Glasgow. They had a son, Walter, b1784 Old Kilpatrick.

Walter and Marion had a son Walter b1822 in Old Kilpatrick who married, 1861 in Hutchesontown, Glasgow, Mary Jane Nimmo b c1828 Ireland. Mary’s parents were George NIMO & Mary MITCHELL. Mary NIMO’s siblings were, Janet, George (b c1822 Colraine, Ireland), Agnes & Hester. George b1822 married 1856, Tradeston, Glasgow, Mary PAXTON.

Walter and Mary had the following children,

Martha b1861, Hutchesontown, Glasgow who married my great grandfather
    Marion McGregor b1863
    Mary b1865
    Walter McFarlane 1869
    George b1871

Walter McFarlane married Christina McDONALD on 13th Sept 1894 in Camlachi, Glasgow. Their children were,

Walter
    William Duncan b1898 Glasgow d1983 Canada
    George who married and had a son Ian
    May who married and had a daughter June
    Ann who married and had child called Robin

Martha b1861 married 1885 in Bridgeton, Glasgow, Robert STIRLING b abt 1859 Cambuslang (adopted parents William Stirling and Mary ABERCROMBIE). William STIRLING was born 10 July, 1803 in New Kilpatrick to parents Alexander STIRLING and Mary THOMSON (married 1807 in New Kilpatrick). It is believed Mary ABERCROMBIE was a servant in the ‘old’ DUNN residence called Mountblow (see separate posting).

Martha and Robert’s children were,

Mary Nimmo b1885 married Danny TAYLOR and had many children.
    Robert Dick b1887 m1916 Scotland Mary Robertson Arneil (family went to New Zealand 1923)
    Marion McGregor b1889 m1916 William James NORMAN (ended up in Canada)
    Frederick Hope Pattison b1894 m1925 Helen Moore McQUEEN (*my grandparents*) lived in Scotland after a short attempt at making a life in Ohio, USA (where my mother Helen STIRLING was born)
    George b abt 1895 d1966 Toronto, Canada married Euphemia McCALLUM

My grandfather, Frederick Hope Pattison STIRLING was named after Lieutenant Frederick Hope PATTISON, a veteran of Waterloo who lived at the ‘old’ DUNN house called Mountblow near Old Kilpatrick (see separate post).

I would love to hear from anyone who thinks they might connect with any of the above.

Thanks,

Ian Stirling Malcolmson

Highlander1933

My name is George Robert Stirling. Born in Glasgow, Scotland. I am the only child of George Hart and Euphemia Stirling
    (nee McCallum). I sent you an e-mail but got no reply. I am very anxious to contact you.

Procat

Hi Highlander 1933

Ianmal has not been on the forum since 2006 so may not see your attempts to make contact.

Highlander1933

Thank you Doug for your info. My wife just stumbled on his post accidentally via Google. Actually I've been looking for someone who had info. on my family for ages, and this looked like the perfect contact. This was the first and only lead I'd had. Ironic that I can't pursue it. I don't suppose that there is any other way to contact him.

Procat

Afraid not. Sorry.