Jan Bednarz

Default George Burkinshaw

Hi I am looking for a George Burkinshaw he married Esther Exton she was born 14 Nov 1869 North County of York Sheffield England, Esther is my GGG Aunt. she died 1915, I don't know anything about them, I don't know if they came to Australia like the rest of Esther's family but I doubt it as I can't find any information. I can only go on what is written in our family bible of the records that were kept of the family.
    Have you come across this person on your research of the Burkinshaws. Jan B

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Default George Burkinshaws

Was curious when I saw your message as I have collected many Yorkshire Burkinshaws in my Tree none of whom married an Exton. However A George Blagden married an Esther Exton in Sheffield (which is in South Yorkshire) in September Quarter 1899.

Jan Bednarz

Default esther exton & george burkinshaw

Hi Shattonblade,

Maybe this why I can't find anything on her. In our family bible they have Esther marrying George Burkinshaw I don't have a date. Esther was born 14 Nov 1869 in North County of York Sheffield England died in 1915 where I don't know doesn't say in the bible. I don't know if she even came to Australia, I don't think she did. Because none of my Aunts or Uncles know anything about her. This could be why maybe they have his name wrong or maybe he changed it? I do appreciate what you have done for me. If you need to know more or you can share anything else with me I would be very willing to do both. My email address is jbnarz at bigpond dot com
    Thankyou
    Jan
    Last edited by Jan1954; 19-05-2008 at 4:49 PM. Reason: Email address disguised to protect you from spammers!

Paul Marshall

This is the only Esther BURKINSHAW who died in 1915.

Deaths Sep 1915
    BURKINSHAW Esther
    Age 61
    Wortley 9c 392

However this would put her DOB at c1854.

Do you have Esther's birth certificate ?

Births Dec 1869
    EXTON Esther
    Sheffield 9c 395

There is also ...

Deaths Sep 1914
    BLAGDEN Esther
    Age 42
    Sheffield 9c 545

Again the age is out ?

The Sheffield Indexers site has some burial records

https://sheff-indexers.thewholeshebang.org

BLAGDEN, Esther (wife of George, age 42).
    Died at 1ct 11 Fitzwilliam St; Buried on July 6, 1914 in General Portion ground;
    Grave Number 6308, Section K of City Road Cemetery, Sheffield.

Jan Bednarz

Smile Esther BLAGDEN

Hi Paul,
    I finally received the birth, Marriage and death certificate of Esther Blagden and she is my family.
    Esther Exton born 14 November 1869 sheffield daughter of James Exton and Mary Maria Exton (Birtles) occupation Brick Maker.
    Marriage 24 September 1899, George Blagden 26yrs Batchelor trade Siver Finisher. married Ester Exton 27yrs Spinster daughter of James Exton Brick Maker .
    Death. 2nd July 1914, Esther Blagden 42yrs. Wife of Geroge a siver Finisher. 1 Court 11 house. Fitzwilliam Street Sheffield.
    Thankyou for you help, I have now got to find out if they had children.
    Regards Jan B.

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi Jan,

I have the Blagdens in my tree, this George Blagden was my uncle of wife of 2nd Great Uncle according to Ancestry relationship predictor. Its a very long story but they are part of a secret family that I discovered for my 2 x Grt Uncle and have managed to trace and am now in touch with.

Heather

Welcome to the British-Genealogy forums heather
    Unfortunately Jan is no longer a member of Brit-Gen as indicated by the word 'guest' under her avatar so she will not be notified of your post. However in this case you could be in luck because in post #3 she gives her email address. This has been modified according to the rules of the forum but just needs the 'a't changing to @ and the 'dot' to . jbnarz at bigpond dot com
    This will only work if Heather still has the same email address of course. Good luck.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Many thanks Christina