Sandra Parker

Talking George Henry Barton, Herne Bay

My GGrandfather is listed in the 1901 census as Chief Officer at Herne Bay Coast Guard. He was previously at Kessingland, where his children were born. I know he was awarded some sort of medal and it was inscribed George Henry Barton. I don't know what kind of medal and am trying to get a photo of it, which will help considerably. Listed in the 1901 census as Chief Officer at Herne Bay Coast Guard. Does anyone have any information of the Coast guard stations at Kessingland or Herne Bay, or in fact any reference ainscribed George Henry Barton. I don't know what kind of medal and am trying to get a photo of it, which will help considerably. Listed in the 1901 census as Chief Officer at Herne Bay Coast Guard. Does anyone have any information of the Coast guard stations at Kessingland or Herne Bay, or in fact any reference ainscribed George Henry Barton. I don't know what kind of medal and am trying to get a photo of it, which will help considerably. Best wishes for the Festive Season,
    Last edited by Sandra Parker; 26-12-2004 at 10:57 PM.