Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Titanicfan

Thumbs up

Thanks for the info, Kingetter. Hazeleigh, that is very kind of you, thank you. Wish I could go and take a look there also.

Kingetter

You're welcome, and a lot closer than me

The Echo was around a long time ago I'm sure - will be bound to have loads of archived pics. Used to have lots on the Docks and the great Passenger Liners etc etc

Now I just looked it up - it says Daily Echo - same paper I expect, but never mind - here's the url -

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/

James.

hazeleigh

Default The Ship inn Russel Str Southampton

I went to Southampton Archives this morning to do my own family research,,, Your Ship Inn existed in Russel street early 1850s untill it changed its name to The Russell Tavern in the early 1890s and its licence was suspended on 13/2/56 it is shown in the book Southamptons Inns&Taverns by Tony Gallaher the archives have 4 good photos of the russell front &side view and 2 photos of the slum area rear view of Russell Str ref numbers p155/8-7 p155/6 sc/h2/91-92 Southampton Archives Will post them on to you I think about £1..25 a copy phone them on 02380 832251 tues afternoon all day wed&thurs...hope this is of some help,,,

Titanicfan

Thumbs up

Thanks for looking into that for me, Hazeleigh. I will definitely give them a ring and order them. Wish I could reciprocate but unfortunately I'm unable to get out and about. If I can be of any help in the way of online lookups - let me know!

hazeleigh

Default russell tavern

why oh why did not all councils persue Southamptons polocy of photo graph before demolishing all old buildings i have been searchiing for a photograph of a old motor cycle shop up in Warrington Cheshire for some time please let me know how you get on at Southampton Archives the three ladies there are very helpfull

Titanicfan

Lightbulb Jack Frodshoms motorcycle shop in Warrington

Thanks for your message. Re. your enquiry about Jack Frodshoms motorcycle shop in Warrington, I had a little search and I found Warrington Library's instant enquiry messaging service and I enquired on your behalf about any info. and a photograph. They have just sent me an instant message asking where your local library is and the name of it because I think they are going to send the information directly there through an internal post system for you if they find this information. If you'd rather not tell me this information I can look up the internet link again and provide you with their site address instead.

hazeleigh

Default Jack Frodshams M/S Shop

Dear Titanicfan I will be writing to my American friend very soon any imfo you can get I will be very great full did you get your photots of The Russell Tavern..any further help I can be on that subject please post I go to Southampton archives quite regularly

Titanicfan

Hi Hazeleigh, I've just received my photos and info. re. 'The Ship Inn' Southampton. The people there are so helpful - they sent me tons of info. Thanks for all your help. How is your research going regarding the motorcycle shop in Cheshire? Did you find the info. you were looking for?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12