Bubbles 2008

Default Hello and ...Help

Hello Everyone,
    I am very new to all of this, I only started tracing my family tre a few weeks ago, and have come up against a brick wall already!!

I'll tell you my problem and hopefully someone will have some advice for me!

My mum never knew her grandparents on either side of the family, they had died before she was born.

We have a lot of family in Canada, and I have found out certain things from them. The problem is, everyone remembers my Great grandmothers maiden name as Ellison! but had no idea what my great Grandad's name was, we know his surname was Paul, so i went to get a copy of my nan's bith certificate and was told that the maiden name was wrong!!

I checked the cencus and it turns out that the Maiden surname recorded for my nan's mother was Wivell. I also checked my great Aunt (nan's sister) and her's was the same!

The only thing we can conclude, Is that we knew she had been married before and widowed, could Wivell be her 1st married name do you think? I don't know where to go from here. I still haven't recieved a copy of my nan's b' certificate as there is a back log

v.wells

What is her full name and place and year of birth? Are you looking in Canada or England? What was your grandfather's name and place/yr of birth? Approximately when did they marry and where?

The more information you provide the more help you will receive.

kcapes

Talking Re Grandmother

Hello and welcome
    If you give me your grandmothers details i'll check for you.
    Kim

Bubbles 2008

Hi Kim,

My grandmothers maiden name was Annie Paul born 10 Aug 1913 in Liverpool England, she married an Alexander Stuart Weissbrot, what year I have no idea but I know she married late in life, she had my mum when she was in her 40's and my mum was born 1953.

Thanks

Bubbles 2008

ok will do thanks

Mutley

Welcome to the Forum. Hope you get lots of help Bubbles and have great fun sorting out who is who

If you think you can help a newbie Bubble's thread continues here
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ad.php?t=28837