Thread: Castlecomer

CornishPixie

Default Castlecomer

Hi,

I am trying to trace a family member of mine who was born in Castlecomer, I just wanted to know if anyone comes from that area, or has traced someone originating from that area or just any sources to help point me in tracing someone from that area.
    Sorry for the confusing post, I'm just not sure where to start.

Thanks

locallad27

Mutley

This thread was started in 2008, let us hope CornishPixie returns.

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    This thread was started in 2008, let us hope CornishPixie returns.
    I hope so as well. He'she's last activity was Feb 2010 [only 3 months ago]

I'm starting to research in Ireland and need all the help I can get, so a response would be welcome

Super Moderator - Completely bonkers and will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin Rowledge View Post
    I hope so as well. He'she's last activity was Feb 2010 [only 3 months ago]

I'm starting to research in Ireland and need all the help I can get, so a response would be welcome
    Um, is my brain cell on a go-slow this morning, but I can't currently see any reason why you want/need a response from Cornish Pixie. CP asked for help in searching around Castlecomer, and locallad27 in post #2 has given some resources for CP and anyone else searching anywhere in Ireland to check.
    To which I would add the Ireland part of Genuki.
    Plus (which I'm sure I've seen mentioned in a thread fairly recently) the 'stickies' at the top of the BG General Irish Family History thread.
    Pam

Colin Rowledge

Quote Originally Posted by Pam Downes View Post
    Um, is my brain cell on a go-slow this morning, but I can't currently see any reason why you want/need a response from Cornish Pixie. CP asked for help in searching around Castlecomer, and locallad27 in post #2 has given some resources for CP and anyone else searching anywhere in Ireland to check.
    To which I would add the Ireland part of Genuki.
    Plus (which I'm sure I've seen mentioned in a thread fairly recently) the 'stickies' at the top of the BG General Irish Family History thread.
    Pam
    I have found with help from my earlier thread, the 'stickies' on Ireland and a couple of p/m's added some more help and as a result I too found possibles in Castlecomer I was hoping that if CP was still around and had info since the original post, it would time and effort on other folks parts in responding to a future thread of mine asking for similar information.

Folks usually respond after posting an enquiry and I was optimistic that additional stuff might be posted. Obviously my post didn't reflect that.

CornishPixie

Sorry I haven't found anything with regards to Castlecomer or the folks I have originating from there; I actually think magical gold dust would be easier to find.

locallad27

The national Census for Ireland is a great place to start; 1901-1911
    https://www.census.nationalarchives.ie

Jack;

locallad27

Quote Originally Posted by locallad27 View Post
    Irish Civil Register site address altered.

Jack