Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another Newbie

Tederator

Smile

[QUOTE=Mutley;156265]
    Ted should be over the moon.

Good morning all, I am absolutely pleased in what you have been doing for me in my search, its a great job that you have done and I thank you all very much.
    After many weeks of searching for Sarah Ann MOSS birth certificate I think I have found it. On the copy I have of my Grandfather's birth certificate his Mother's name is show as Sarah Ann Caroline MOSS. I was trawling through all the MOSS names for 1848 yesterday and I came across this one MOSS. Caroline Sarah Ann Quarter2 1848 plus the GRO index 3/93,registered in Clerkenwell, the birth had been registered with the name Caroline as the first given name, I had been looking for Sarah as the first given name. Nowhere in the census listings is the name Caroline mentioned, no wonder I couldn't find her, what a mystery this lady has turned out to be, now with all your work for me I am absolutely delighted. I shall go ahead now and order a birth certificate for Caroline Sarah Ann MOSS.
    Thank you all once again, hope I can return it sometime with help of my own to some one sometime.

All the best

Ted.

Mutley

That is great news Ted. It just shows, yet again, lateral thinking pays off.

When you receive it, please let us know if it is the right one. We love happy endings.

Tederator

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Mutley View Post
    That is great news Ted. It just shows, yet again, lateral thinking pays off.

When you receive it, please let us know if it is the right one. We love happy endings.

Hi Mutley,
    The certificate I obtained for Caroline Sarah Ann MOSS was the correct one, I'm glad to say, the only trouble is I can't really make out her Mother's maiden surname, looks like it could be ESENDON but I'm not sure about it, don't know who writes these things out. Seems like my GGrandmother used all her given names at one time or another, the one she used during her final years was Annie, she died in 1906 at the age of 58 years, at that time she was Annie HOMERSTON, a mystery lady indeed.

Cheers

Ted

Mutley

Good News Ted.

If you can scan the piece with her mother's maiden name and put a link on here to it, I am sure someone will have a go at reading it for you.

Tederator

Smile

Good News Ted.

If you can scan the piece with her mother's maiden name and put a link on here to it, I am sure someone will have a go at reading it for you.

That's a good idea Mutley but if I scan the required piece how do I create a link to it?, I'm not allowed to put pictures on here am I?.

Mutley

Most of us on here use the Photobucket site. You can store your scan on there (in your private album).

Once you have your photo in Photobucket, if you can see a box with the Image Code (IMG) then highlight the code, right click and choose Copy (which copies it to your computer's 'clipboard'), then go to the forum thread here and right click again and choose Paste. You will get a string which begins with [IMG] and ends with [/IMG], but when you press Submit the picture should appear instead.

If you don't get the IMG Code appearing beneath your photo on the Photobucket site, click on the Customise Link button and check the box which says IMG Code for Forums.

If it does not work, come back and ask again. There are a lot of threads on this forum that discuss inserting pictures and links with really good explanations.

Tederator

Smile

Most of us on here use the Photobucket site. You can store your scan on there (in your private album).
    Thanks for that Mutley, excuse me for being dumb but what is the photobucket site and where do I find it.

Ted

PS OK, I googled and found it, now I'll have to learn how to use it.

Cheers

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123