Joanna1

Default Old Wedding Photographs

I have written to Father Gillean of St Mary Abbots Church Kensington by email but never sure if emails are read. I have not heard back.

My Grandmother Clytie Weaver Nee Wheeler and my Grandfather Captain Humphrey Weaver where married in St Mary Abbots Kensington in 1911. DOB Clytie 1880 Humphrey 1881.

It was a grand fine affair as St Mary’s is more like a Cathedral. A large guest and present list was quoted in the news paper. It was reported that a family air loom a Brussels lace veil was worn by Clytie, lent by Mrs. Homer Weaver (Clytie’s mother in law) of the Fowke family which had been in the family for 100’s of years was documented in the paper.

Also quoted in the news paper Clytie was given away by Clytie’s Cousin General Sir John Owen K.C.B. Royal Artillery. A grand reception was held near by in Arbitrarily House, or it may have been at the Royal Artillery documented in the news paper. Honeymoon in Brighten (the place to go to the turn of the 19th Century). All this of the Wedding was reported in the News paper.

I would like to know if one could find out if at all possible - which paper would it have been articled. Is there a Kensington News paper? Maybe it was in the National Paper.

There would have been splendid Photographs but sadly they are not in the family.

Would anyone know if there would be any photographs or how to find them?
    I have their Wedding Certificate. After their Honeymoon they went straight to the Himalaya's; they were involved with the 13th Dalai Lama scouring his safty from Tibet. WW1 1916 Humphrey was tragically killed in Mesopotamia by the Turks near Kut. My father was three. I am trying to piece it all together.

MarkJ

Duplicate post.
    Please see -
    https://www.british-genealogy.com/for...ad.php?t=28562

Thread locked.