Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Staffs Boaties

Default SURCCO Canal Boats

Hi,

Does anyone have any information on the following boats which I think were owned by SURCCO:

Cressent (or Crescent) would have been in Audlem 1909
    Suffolk would have been in Runcorn in 1882
    Chester would have been in Nantwich 1902
    Princess would have been in Nantwich 1907
    Cromer would have been in Market Drayton 1907

Any details would be appreciated. I do have other boat names which I have found details for so if anyone is searching for other SURCCO boats let me know and I'll see if I have anything on them

ann.pitts

Default surcco

i believe my grandfather was with surcco i know of his youngest daughters baptism was at st marys wolverhampton in 1899 it states surcco at time of baptism
    i have searched so many places regarding any canal boatmen records without success can you enlighten me where i may find such records
    also he was on a boat mary in 1881 census whether this boat belongs to the fleet
    with thanks ann

thedogs

hi,ann, hi also have been looking for info not on the canal boat but the family my g/mother was isabella taylor her parents: james & hannah taylor they were all on the suffolk in the 1891 census if they are connected can you get back to me ttfn bob

ann.pitts

Default flatley

sorry i didnt realise i hadn't mentioned my grandfathers name william and ellen flatley and family not who you are searching
    ann

Staffs Boaties

Hi Bob where were they in the 1891 census? I don't have any Taylors in my family tree. Do you have any other names such as witnesses to marriages etc?

thedogs

hi ann im researching the names of helps,jukes,box & taylor all canal boatpeople or later as dockers in salford.i've mainly found the "helps name" varies from earp,earps,elps,elphe. if you have any info on avy of these names i would be grateful also if i can help you in any way please don't hesitate to ask hope to hear from you soon bob

thedogs

hi staffs boaties, the other names im looking up are helps,jukes, & box all from around ryton on dunsmore warwickshire or stone in staffs any info i would be grateful for bob

Can I just give a little advice here about how to put the names you are researching into a message. It is much easier to see the surnames if you put them in CAPITAL letters.
    I know that in most circumstances this is regarded as shouting, but in family history terms it is always a help if the readers can see the surnames easily.
    Another good reason is that some surnames are the same as ordinary words and could be missed HELP for example. Some readers might not recognise it as a name if they are skimming through looking for names.
    If the names are in Capitals it makes it really clear which words are names and which are just pleas for assistance.

I hope this helps
    Sadly, our dear friend Ann (alias Ladkyis) passed away on Thursday, 26th. December, 2019.
    Footprints on the sands of time

thedogs

ladkyis thank you for that i will remember to BOB

Staffs Boaties

I've also found out that my relatives were on the following boats as well:

Frederick
    Orange
    Sabrina
    Sirdar
    Crow

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast