tmerrell

Default Knightons in Eastwood, Nottingham

I am looking for some information on a Jeremiah Knighton that was christened in Eastwood in 1760 and more about his family. Not much out there but the burial index on Nottingham on familyhistoryonline. Any help is appreciated.

Magpie1

Hi
    I'm not sure if I'm on the right track here or not, if you think I am let me know and I'll do some more digging for you.

Jeremiah Knighton Bapt. 29 June 1760 Ilkeston, Derbyshire (this is only a short distance from Eastwood)

Jeremiah (Jeremy) Knighton married Francis (Fanny) Johnson In Greasley on 06 October 1782

Jeremiah Knighton buried 30 January 1814 in Eastwood age 54.

Jeremiah and Francis had a child John Knighton in Greasley 19 January 1783

John Knighton married Sarah Swann in Eastwood 21 November 1808

John and Sarah had a child Jeremiah Knighton on 20 January 1815, Bapt. 28 November 1816 at this time John Knighton was working as a collier.

Hope this may be of some help.

tmerrell

Default That is them

I am interested to find out how you know that he was working as a colllier?
    That is the family that I am researching.
    Did you get this information from IGI or what source?
    Thanks for your help.
    Todd

Magpie1

Hi Todd
    glad it's the same family, i'll see if I can find anything else out for you. The information I put above is from some local Nottinghamshire parish records I'v got on disc, some kindly vicar put John Knighton's occupation on the parish register.
    I'm hoping to get to the main library in a couple of weeks to look for some of my lot so if I get chance I'll have a look for you at the same time.

Best Wishes
    Jane

tmerrell

Default That's great

Hey if you have more information on that family of Jeremiah I would appreciate it as the child Joseph is actually in our direct line so if you have any information on him I would appreciate it.