Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    danesbury

Default WOOLFORD of Bray

I too am interested in finding the connections between the various WOOLFORDs in Bray. Have you found some source confirming that Thomas (grandfather of Lucy) who married Sarah WALKER in 1837 was son of Thomas WOOLFORD who was married to Mary BOWYER? Have you seen the 1837 marriage certificate? Do you have the death/burial of Thomas?
    According to censuses, Thomas (born about 1809-1812) was born in Bray or Binfield. I have not searched the parish registers for these places.
    I have not got the marriage of Thomas to Mary BOWYER. Possibly he was baptized in 1785 in Bray, son of Thomas & Martha WOOLFORD.
    I cannot find my source at this moment, but have a note that Thomas had three children born before 1814 (? Elizabeth married to William KNIGHT; Hannah married to William KEENE; John married to Priscilla HODGES) and three other children: Martha, Caroline & George baptized in Bray.

You seem to know the ages of Mary Bowyer & Thomas Woolford. What was this information?

A summary of much of my WOOLFORD research is here:
    https://
    freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~pnlowe/woolford.htm

Quote Originally Posted by fogmog View Post
    Hi Hugh, My Woolfords do not appear to have reached London centering mainly around Berks/Bucks. Mr g.grandmother Lucy Woolford was born in Iver in 1862. Her father William and grandfather Thomas were born in Boveny and Bray Bucks respectively. Its grandfather Thomas's father, another Thomas that I'm having trouble with, he evidently married a Mary Bowyer, (she was around fifteen to twenty years younger than him) so I think it was probably a second wife and their son Thomas was b. abt 1812 but I can't find a baptism for this Thomas.
    Thanks Fogmog
    Last edited by Kerrywood; 21-12-2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: direct link to site containing advertising - please read the AUP

danesbury

Some further information from FamilySearch:
    James WOOLFORD, son of Thomas WOOLFORD & Martha, bapt.02 May 1784 in Wasing, Berks
    Thomas WOOLFORD, son of Thomas WOOLFORD & Martha, bapt.27 May 1787 in Wasing, Berks
    These fit in quite well with Thomas (married to Mary BOWYER), and James WOOLFORD, nominal age "50" in 1841 in Bray, married to Lydia.
    The baptisms in 1784 & 1787 also fit with the marriage date of 1784 in Bray, and their other putative baptisms: William (1793) & Elizabeth (1797) from the Non-conformist records. James & Lydia also had children baptized in a non-conformist church.
    The National Burial Index has : Thomas WOOLFORD, buried 08 Jul 1850 in Speen, Berks age 62. At least the age fits.

There is a possibility that Thomas (born about 1809-1812) is Thomas WOOLFORD, son of James WOOLFORD & Maria (Mary) BLAGROVE, bapt.19 Apr 1807 in Chieveley, Berks (from FamilySearch). Thomas had a brother James (bap 1804) and sister Sofiah (bap 1801). I am presuming that the parents were those married in 1798 in Yattenden, Berks. However, that does not fit so well with Bray area.
    Last edited by danesbury; 21-12-2010 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Further data

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123