happygardener

Default stallards of hereford

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON THE STALLARDS OF HEREFORD, PRESTIGNE, LYONSHALL, AND SURROUNDING AREAS

janbooth

Default STALLARDs

Hello and welcome to the Forum. Can you be a little more precise, as there are quite a few STALLARDs in the 1901 census alone. What information do you already have, who in particular are you looking for and what dates? It helps everyone else to help you if you give us a few more details.

Janet

happygardener

Default stallard,s

HI JAN, AM NEW TO THE FAMILY TREE, ONLY DOING IT FOR THE LAST FEW MONTHS. AS STATED MY HUSBANDS FAMILY ARE STALLARDS, GONE BACK TO JAMES AND HANNAH STALLARD, HANNAH WAS A WILLIAMS, BIRTHS JAMES 1832, HANNAH 1835, JAMES BORN STOKE LACEY, I THINK HIS FATHER WAS JOSEPH STALLARD, THATS AS FAR AS I HAVE GOT, IVE FOUND JAMES AND HANNAH,S CHILDREN, AND GOT REF NUMBERS FOR THE BIRTHS, GOT REF NUMBER FOR JAMES AND HANNAH WEDDING. HOW DO I FIND IF THEY WERE MARRIED IN A CHURCH AND IF SO WHICH ONE, ALSO HOW DO I FIND BURIAL PLACES. THERE IS A LOT I DONT KNOW HOW TO LOOK UP. ANY SUGGESTIONS MUCH APPRECIATED. REGARDS BLANCHE

Jan1954

Hello Blanche and welcome to the forum.

The best way, if you have the references for any births, marriages or deaths, is to order copies of the certificates. This may be done online here:

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/ follow the links in the box on the right-hand side.

I hope that this helps.

janbooth

Default STALLARDs

Hello again Blanche,

As Jan has stated in her message, do order all the certificates first - they will give you so much information and set you on the correct track.

This looks like James in the 1841 census of Stoke Lacey but his marriage certificate will give his father's name and profession and will therefore confirm whether this is the correct family:

HO107/419/9, folio 10, page 14
    Nunderfields Row

Joseph STALLARD 45 Ag Lab Born in county yes
    Mary do 17 yes
    John do 12 yes
    James do 8 yes
    Eliza do 1 yes

By the 1851 census, James is working as a Cowman at Hanley Child, Worcestershire and living in the household of Elizabeth MORRIS, an Annuitant, at The Farm.

By the 1861 census, Joseph and Hannah are married and living in Pembridge with daughter Mary, aged 1. They are still there in 1891 with only son Charles living with them and in 1901 with children Kate and Charles.

You therefore know that both Hannah & James died after 1901.

To find their deaths you have to either search through the parish registers of Pembridge or the full GRO Index. There is a partial free GRO Index called FreeBMD online, but it is not complete and therefore you may not find their deaths there. Let me know if you would like more census details of the family - I have not put them up because I do not want to duplicate what you might already have.

Janet

hereford brian

My wife's grandmother was a Stallard.-
    Florence Stallard, born Hereford 1892.
    Her parents were William Stallard, born Malvern 1850/51 and Mary nee Nicholls, married Hereford 1874
    According to there marriage cert William's father is James Stallard, a farm labourer.
    This is all the info I have but would be interested in finding out more if this links to your branch.
    Regards Brian