Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    marylock

Default The Lockyer family

Hi My granddad came from Ynysddu. I've been told he came from a big family. Is there anyone who know's of the Lockyer family my Granddad's name was Edward Henry Lockyer born 1893, I know he had a brother Thomas born 1899 and a brother Ben. If anyone has any info love to hear from you. Mary

Jan1954

Could this be him in the 1901 census:

44 Henry Street, Newport, Monmouthshire

Fanny Lockyer, Wife, Mar, 29, b Newport
    Edward H Lockyer, son, 8, b Newport
    Thomas Lockyer, son, 2, b Newport
    James Lewis, Boarder, Wid, 75, b Usk

RG13/4960/72/28

However, there is no father mentioned in the household as far as I can see...
    Last edited by Jan1954; 03-04-2008 at 8:49 PM. Reason: Forgot Dad

Jan1954

This looks like his birth:

Births Mar 1893
    Lockyer, Edward Henry, Registration District: Newport, M. Volume: 11a, page: 218

If you order a copy of his birth certificate (if you haven't done so already) it should state his father's name and his mother's maiden name.

Certificates may be ordered online here:

https://www.gro.gov.uk/gro/content/

Follow the links in the box on the right-hand side, using the information above.

marylock

Default Lockyer

Hi Jan Yes it is my grandad and I can go back with both his mother and fathers sides. I just wanted to find out more about his siblings. You see I've been told the children of Edward George Lockyer and Fanny Louisa Slade (Edward Henry Lockyer's parents) went into double figures, and I only have 4 names. Thanks for looking into it much appreciated. Mary

marmaduke123

Default Lockier/Lockyer

Hi Marylock

I can't help you with your grandfather's siblings, but I wonder if your Lockyers are related to my Lockiers? I have William Lockier and Sara (Day), both born in Somerset and moved to Newport. Their daughter Martha married Edwin Millinchip in Newport in 1865. She had a brother Edward born about 1837.

Any connection?

Anne

marylock

Hi Marmaduke
    Sorry William Lockyier is no relation. My great grandfathers name was Edward george Lockyer married a Fanny lousia Slade. Cheers Mary

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Hi, I am afraid I don't have all the siblings names. However My maternal great grandfather was Thomas Lockyer..born 1898 he was married to Catherine Davies and had, Phyllis, iris ( my grandmother ), Reginald, Edward and Ronald ..

Beccy

Welcome to the Brit-Gen forums Beccy
    maryloc hasn't been on the forums since 2009 but if she still has the same email address she should receive notification of your post. Another way to get in touch is to send her a private message (pm)by clicking on her using name and choosing Private Message from the drop down menu. This also relies on her having the same email address as that she was using in 2009.
    Meanwhile here is the 1911 census with your great grandfather Thomas and his siblings

14 Geffery St Newport Mon
    Edward Arthur Lockyer 39 engine cleaner born Leeds York
    Fanny L Lockyer 39 Newport
    Edward H Lockyr 19 Soldier
    William B Lockyer 16 porter born Magor
    Thomas Lockyer 13 school
    Gwendolene Lockyer 10
    Elizabeth Lockyer 8
    Wallder Lockyer 6
    Ethel Lockyer 5
    Lanie Lockyer 3
    Annie Lockyer 4/12
    All other children and wife born Newport
    Edward and Fanny married 20 years 10 children born to the marriage, 9 living
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Hi
    As there was no Ben on the 1911 census I used the GRO index to search for a Lockyer with mother's maiden name Slade and it seems that William B on the census was registered as William Benjamin so he was known as Ben?. Also Walter on the census was registered as Walter no middle name 1905 and your Thomas has just the one forename.
    I think the child who died was an Ernest Walter birth registered 1897 and death reg June 1/4 1898 age 7 months.
    Gwendoline registered as Gwendoline May and Elizabeth is actually Mary Elizabeth I think. Lanie on the census is actually Louie, a daughter, no middle name. Annie is Annie Maria. There is a daughter Gertrude born in 1913 who isn't on the census of course.
    Christina
    Sometimes paranoia is just having all the facts.
    William Burroughs

Newcomer to Brit-Gen

Red face

Hi,
    Thank you, I had his parents but not all siblings . Just starting out and thought I'd take a chance in leaving a message .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast