Thread: obits

CindyR

Default obits

I have confirmed several death dates and now I would like to find obituaries for these ppl. Here in Canada, our local libraries hold archives all all newpapers and I have located many obits and they have been a great source of info. Does the library in Hailsham or near by hold these as well and if so how might I access the records. I have looked at the eastbourne libraries site but it wasnt very helpful. Also checked out the local newspaper site but again no luck as it wouldnt let me into the different web pages (computer problem?)
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Cindyr

Famous for offering help & advice

The major collection of local newspapers for that area is in Brighton Library, so it would probably be worth contacting them. I don't know how much their holdings overlap with Eastbourne Library, but it may be worth emailing them too, as well as just looking at their website.

There's a fairly small library in Hailsham, and I doubt they'd have anything that wasn't in the bigger libraries as well.

Arthur
    (formerly of East Sussex)

CindyR

Oh i see. Ok then I'll try that library too. I did email the eastbourne library and then the newspaper. thanks for the point in another direction.
    Cindyr